March 2012 Weddings
Options

Are you abstaining before the wedding?

So the premarital counseling post got me wondering . . . are you guys planning on abstaining from sex for any amount of time before the wedding?? Why or why not? We've talked about doing it (or rather not doing it, ha!) for a couple of weeks before the wedding but neither of us is really a fan of it. Honestly, I'm not event sure why we would except that we feel like we should.
March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are you abstaining before the wedding?

• Options
    So since mine was the premarital post you know my answer lol. Originally we had only planned on abstaining the week before the wedding since my mom wants me to stay with her that week (wedding is in a different state from where we currently live). I'm not going to lie, I'm not super happy about abstaining. In the long history of Fi and I doing the deed I'm not sure 3 months of being good is going to make up for much, but getting married in a church is important to me so I will do my best to follow the rules with minimal complaining.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Dx PCOS November 2010
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Lol, I actually wasn't sure who posted that because my computer keep showing different names. That's why I was kind of vague. I agree on your point that waiting for a short period wont make a big difference. We've been sexually active for close to 7 years so I don't really know why a couple of weeks would matter.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I get obstaining through the entire engagement and even a period of time before the wedding, I just don't get it for us personally.  I was a good girl before wedding #1 and look where that got me!  Haha!  I just don't see how it will enhance or improve our wedding day in any way to be nervous and also sexually frustrated!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Options
    You know until Tiffk10s post I never thought of abstaining for a couple weeks to make the anticipation for that day bigger.  But I kind of like the idea of it. They week before wouldn't matter because FI and I never really find time during the week anyways. But I do think that him and I waiting for 2 weeks or so would add a lot for us. However FI is a huge fan of vacation sex. Like he thinks that any vacation is a reason to have sex every day and multiple times. Me? not so much. So I'm not sure I want to give him extra ammo for the honeymoon :P I'm already worried that I'm not going to be able to keep up with him lol
  • Options

FI and I haven't had sex for over a month now.... not on purpose.... mostly driven by stress with work and the planning, and unfortunately, like I've said in the past.. my BC doesn't help.  But we did go to our pre-cana class in September, where abstinence was discussed and that might also have something to do with our rut lately.  We may abstain for the next 3.5 months or so but we'll see!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    We actually haven't for several month because my fiance had a horrible case of mono and we didn't want his spleen to burst (that can be super serious and potentially fatal).  Then we've been really stressed  or tired (due to the mono) and I keep catching colds, so at this point we might as well wait and then we can start anew after the wedding.  I cannot wait though-it used to be like 6 times a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    The FI had the idea to abstain, he wants us to go 14 days before the wedding without doing anything. I know in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal at all, and I sure as we get closer to the wedding I will have so much on my mind that I won't even notice. Ok, well at least I hope that's how it goes.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We aren't. My fiance lives out of state right now with work so we already have to go 1-2 months so we don't plan on abstaining before the wedding lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No because we believe sex part of being in love.  Also, I dont think my fiance would like that he enjoys having sex with so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards