Snarky Brides
Options

My 19 year old sister...

...just texted: "I found a grey hair."

My response?  "Welcome to the club."  I'm 26 and I have a ton of them.  Thanks, Dad!

What makes you feel old before you actually ARE old?
panther

Re: My 19 year old sister...

• Options
    My greys started coming in in HS, so you can put me in that category.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm in the gray hair club. I got my first one at 21. I have juvenile arthritis and my joints stiffen and creak in the wintertime. That makes me feel REALLY old.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Nothing. I'm never around people my own age, so I always feel young.
  • Options
    Oh also, I have a little sister that's 3.5 years younger than me.  I feel wicked old every year on her B-day.

And I have a chronic pain condition that includes osteoporosis and arthritis.  That certainly makes me feel old.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I remember finding one or two at 18 or 19 too.  Sucked.

My joints suck too, LC!  My knees and ankles are pathetic and I take joint supplements, lol.  I like to blame it on figure skating but it's more than likely my bad genes.
    panther
  • Options
    The grey hair thing for sure.

The fact that a hangover happens (to some extent) regardless of how little I drink.

Anysunrise  : )

The fact that my ten year high school reunion is coming up next Spring/Summer.
  • Options

Finding out on facebook that my friends' younger siblings, who will always be little kids in my eyes, are graduating from college and getting married and stuff.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:80e6542c-b785-4789-8139-cf1291f2cdf2">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh also, I have a little sister that's 3.5 years younger than me.  I feel wicked old every year on her B-day.<strong> And I have a chronic pain condition that includes osteoporosis and arthritis.</strong>  That certainly makes me feel old.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

This sounds miserable :(
    panther
  • Options
    My little sister is 7 years younger than me and just got accepted to college. weird. She was in elementary school when I left home!  And my youngest brother is 12 years younger than me, so it freaked me out to see him in a tux at the wedding this weekend, almost as tall as me. 

Also, I have grey hairs. My mom was completely grey by 28...
  • Options
    I've had gray hairs since i was 13...  It doens't make me feel old anymore.  Graduating from school is making me feel old. 
  • Options
    LTZ - I hate how I can't drink anymore.  I used to drink like a damn fish and I'd wake up and go to school or work and be fine.  If I drink like that now, I'm hungover for two damn days.  And it sucks because I love to drink, lol.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:f4fa8706-b42a-475c-9fd1-c6f131911116">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My 19 year old sister... : This sounds miserable :(
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    It truly is.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I have this white hair the grows straight up from the top of my head, it's really thick and wiry and I call it my "screamer" because that's basically what I did the first time i saw it. I pull it out, and it keeps coming back. The fact that my knee cracks when I get up from sitting too long and that my hip hurts in the morning if I slept on one side all night make me feel very old. As does the looming birthday I have coming up in March, horrible.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:4b8a1f20-7285-4f00-8c69-03aab79f0da6">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTZ - I hate how I can't drink anymore.  I used to drink like a damn fish and I'd wake up and go to school or work and be fine.  If I drink like that now, I'm hungover for two damn days.  And it sucks because I love to drink, lol.

Oh goodness, same here. I used to be the person to close at my old job. I'd close up around 9:30pm on a friday, head home to shower and get ready to go out. I'd be out by 10:30, drinking and having a great time with friends and not go home until 4:30am.  Then I'd have to be at work to open the place by 6:30am. At that time, it was nothing a greasy breakfast sandwich and a cup of coffee couldn't cure.

Now I drink two glasses of wine and the next morning I'm all dehydrated and feeling tired.

Youth really is wasted on the young.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:41ac98ef-308d-4254-a032-d29d08841f85">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The grey hair thing for sure. The fact that a hangover happens (to some extent) regardless of how little I drink. <strong>Anysunrise  : )</strong> The fact that my ten year high school reunion is coming up next Spring/Summer.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Hah! =)
  • Options
    I'm in the "drinking starts awesome and ends in a horror show" club.  Also, my students make me feel old sometimes. 

OH! And my ten year HS reunion was this year. 
  • Options
    Gray hairs in my teens, joints that sound like I'm 80, getting sleepy watching tv at 9:30 at night..my FI is younger than me, and I tend to be the oldest one now when we go out with friends..makes me feel older than I am.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:b83167c9-e63b-4d0f-bb6d-43ceaacb9fa7">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember finding one or two at 18 or 19 too.  Sucked. My joints suck too, LC!  My knees and ankles are pathetic and I take joint supplements, lol. <strong> I like to blame it on figure skating but it's more than likely my bad genes.</strong>

I will actually second that blame. How long did you figure skate for? I started when I was 5 and started to slow down around 15. I get on the ice every once in a while, but not enough. My knees and ankles are pretty bad too, there might be enough to justify a connection. :)
  • Options
    I skated for ten years.  I miss it too!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:0ec0ff4f-7bed-4dba-9fe4-d8e400b17998">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My 19 year old sister... : I will actually second that blame. How long did you figure skate for? I started when I was 5 and started to slow down around 15. I get on the ice every once in a while, but not enough. My knees and ankles are pretty bad too, there might be enough to justify a connection. :)
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure mine was exacerbated a lot by gymnastics.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:f14b1fab-d2e4-41e7-8cf7-6fc24573fb42">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing. I'm never around people my own age, so I always feel young.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Biitch  :P
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:8ad55e96-7294-40f1-aaea-117ec11b08b0">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My 19 year old sister... : Biitch  :P
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you =P
  • Options
    Being around all of you who aren't even 30 and saying you feel old? =P

I was born with a gray hair. My dad said it was good luck. He did not tell me that it would multiply like a rabbit once I turned 30, though. Maybe it's extra good luck?
  • Options
    AATB- We have an outdoor rink in a park just down from our place, I am really hoping to get out this winter. It is such a fun sport, it's hard to fall away from it. I think I am going to get DS some hockey skates and see if he can get the hang out it too.

LC- I would believe that. I only did gymnastics for a year when I was younger, but I could see that messing up joints as well.
  • Options
    I'm only 25 and I've gotten a lot of wrinkles around my eyes and a crazy 'blonde' streak (I call my 'Rogue streak') in the last two years. It's super weird. I've also pondered taking my nose piercings out, even though I've had them for ten years. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ugh Kayla - I love outdoor rinks :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:cd6a3cb8-5e44-4372-983f-a9415d8afa13">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh Kayla - I love outdoor rinks :)

Me too.
  • Options
    I have a huge pond in my backyard that freezes over. Just saying.

/strut
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have arthritis in my hands/fingers and wrists, although recently a friend who's a massage therapist showed me some ways to relieve pain.

The fact that my little brother is now a freshman in college and is sleeping over at his girlfriend's dorm.

Stretch marks on my butt. Seriously, WTF?

I enjoy going to bed at 9 or earlier.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_19-year-old-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f18d6500-b480-4fb1-9235-fcf52b3865e3Post:0d45a6cc-74a9-4891-bcbe-98dac05e7c7a">Re: My 19 year old sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a huge pond in my backyard that freezes over. Just saying. /strut
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Way to rub it in! We had a huge pond behind our house when I was little that me and my friends would skate on. I am pretty sure someone that we didn't know fell through the ice once though, and that stopped us from going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards