Florida-South Florida
Options

Ceremony Question

So I'm sitting here tonight, thinking about our ceremony, when I think about dropping out a part of the ceremony. Do you think it would be weird to do the vows and then a non-traditional reading instead of a hands ceremony or sand ceremony?

What are you doing for your ceremony?

Re: Ceremony Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing anything fancy. It's gonna be a a really short ceremony. I would prefer to just do the vows and a blessing and that's it.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im Catholic and decided to not do the communion part of the Mass, it would be just to long and I don't want to bore guests who are not Catholic.

As for the other things, we are doing the unity candle but no blessing the hands.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just doing the vows, a reading by my cousin, and the sand ceremony. Nothing crazy. I think the whole thing should take no more than 30 min.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing vows, the Hand Ceremony, and the African American tradition of Jumping the broom!
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to do the traditional vows and then a small (very small) reading. The ceremony is supposed to last 30 mins. I'm just concerned about it being too short. Does anyone know how long it takes for BP to walk down?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im doing a unity candle and hands ceremony and vows. When I talked to my pastor he said it should be about 15 minutes with everything.
    As for the wedding party, it depends how many people you have walking and how you want them doing it? Do you want them to get down there then send the next person or have one go when the other one gets half way down?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards