Moms and Maids
Options

How do I tell her?

I was Maid of Honor in my friend's wedding, but I am not asking her to be in my bridal party. Good taste would indicate that she wait for an invitation, but she has already asked me twice if I have decided on my bridal party. Luckily, the wedding was far enough out that I could fib and say it was undecided, but now the wedding is ~8 months away and I can't use that excuse anymore.

She is a good friend, but she is about 100 miles away, and I have closer (uh.. emotionally, not literal distance) friends. I expect that she is going to ask again about the bridal party the next time I see her, or worse, point-blank ask if she is IN it. It is a small BP, 2.5 bridesmaids, 2.5 groomsman (we're sharing one person) so I figure I could work that in to the conversation.

Any suggestions on how I can let her down easily? Thanks ^_^
Yup, I'm one of those crazy, meticulous, everything-has-to-be-perfect brides.

Re: How do I tell her?

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Don't go out of your way to tell her.  That's not cool.

But, if she brings it up, just say "Oh, it's going to be x, y, and z."  If she asks why she wasn't included, you can say you were keeping it small or just to family (if that applies?)  If she gets upset, that's her problem and not yours.  Remember that!
  • Options
    OH no no.. I'm not going out of my way to tell her. I'm expecting her to confront me on the issue, given her past inquiries.

Thank you for the suggestion! ^_^
  • Options
    I agree with pps-- if she is impertinent enough to ask you about it and demand an explanation, I would say that the two of you decided to keep the WP small, but that you are so excited to get to see her at your wedding.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    OP here. Thanks, ladies, for the suggestions! ^_^
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards