Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Probably a silly question

Okay so, Im trying to do things traditional and in order but I really have no idea what I'm doing here and I need advice! We on;y have a month and a half to go! Please help! So as far as walking down the aisle, My entrance is seperate from my bridesmaid's right? I want to walk down to Chantal Kreviazuk, Feels like home, but it's kind of long. Can they walk down to that and well as I or is that just silly?

Now for dancing, Do my father and I dance first, then my fiance and I, then his mother and him? Or shoul dmy fiance and his mom dance when my fater and I dance (I've heard of this a lot as well.) What are you ladies doing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Probably a silly question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry about the typos!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i think the first dance comes as soon as you guys are introduced when the reception starts.  then you can choose who goes first when it comes to parents.  i have been to 3 weddings this year...and all 3 times, the bride danced w/ her father after the first dance.  then the groom danced w/ his mom.

regarding your BM walking down the aisle...i think if the song is long enough...you can all walk down to the same one.  it will just be difficult to differenciate when you will begin walking down if there is no change in the music.  does that make sense?  your guests won't know that you're next....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_probably-silly-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:cdcdb9d1-8136-45cc-85d7-5af118adbaacPost:b119edbd-5797-418e-b485-84c77c228689">Probably a silly question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay so, Im trying to do things traditional and in order but I really have no idea what I'm doing here and I need advice! We on;y have a month and a half to go! Please help! So as far as walking down the aisle, My entrance is seperate from my bridesmaid's right? I want to walk down to Chantal Kreviazuk, Feels like home, but it's kind of long. Can they walk down to that and well as I or is that just silly? Now for dancing, Do my father and I dance first, then my fiance and I, then his mother and him? Or shoul dmy fiance and his mom dance when my fater and I dance (I've heard of this a lot as well.) What are you ladies doing?
    Posted by mrsfowler1016[/QUOTE]

You can do your entrance song different from what your BM' walk down the aisle to. I did that. As far as your song being a little long, just ask your organist (or whatever) to shorten it a bit, it is all about the timing and they should know how to handle all of that and the transitions, etc.

As for the dances, we did our first dance, some filler songs, then father/daugher dance, some filler songs, and then mother/son dance. This was what our dj suggested and that way people had some time in between to grab a drink or go to the bathroom if they needed. But we were still doing all the special dances close together to get them over with before the cake cutting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that I am going to walk down to a different song then the rest of the WP. I have been to two weddings this summer and I believe that the bride walked down to a different song then the WP. 

When it come to the reception I believe it goes first dance, Father/Daughter dance and then Mother/Son dance. I am only having a Mother/Daughter dance, so we are doing things a little different.

In the end the only important thing that matters is you married the love of your life and had a great day in the with family in friends. Do what you want and have fun:)
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do what works for you. And ask your DJ for suggestions, as he/she should be able to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness! just gotta say I looovvve your picture! its sooo cute! you guys are adorable together! Laughing
    Happy to be married..and having our 1st on the way! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is how I did it...
    The wedding march by Kenny G is playing 
    H walked parents down the aisle and walked back to join the group. My mom and Bro ( also a GM) walked down the aisle. Rest of GM followed then H. Then BM followed my MOH and FG. Kenny G Stopped. 5 second pause. What a Wonder- Armstrong, starts. Me and dad walk down the aisle
    To be perfectly honest I didn't even hear the music playing as I walked down the aisle. Dont stress about it to much, do whatever makes you happy!

As for the dances traditionally H&W dance first followed by Father Daughter, and then Mother and Son.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards