Asian Weddings
Options

2 ceremonies - Need Help with Invitations

Hello everyone! I am needing some desperate help with invitations.

My fiance and I are having 2 ceremonies and 2 receptions (1 is a dinner and the other is the large full reception). We are having a Christian ceremony on a Friday followed by a dinner for all guests. Then we are having a Hindu ceremony (3 hour ceremony) followed by the actual reception for all guests. We are having these in the same town (not where we or any family live - so all out of town guests) but in different locations within the town.

I am having difficulties finding invitations that will accomodate 2 ceremonies. I don't really have time to DIY for 150 invitations. Our weddings are May 28th and 29th of this year.

I have found invites on Vistaprint that allow you to arrange and add text boxes, that way I could have both ceremonies on the main invite. I was thinking of just getting extra enclosure cards to cover hotels, map and directions, both reception information, and an RSVP.

I really want to do a pocket invitation, but again can't find any that have enough room for 2 ceremonies on main invite. I am aware that I could get these custom made for instance on etsy, but I think it would be fairly expensive compared to the Vistaprint option. My main concern with Vistaprint is the quality just because I am unfamiliar with their invitations.

I am fully open to suggestions. Thank you so much!

Re: 2 ceremonies - Need Help with Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having two receptions (although on the same day - ugh!) but people coming to the luncheon are not expected to come to the eveing reception.  A freind designed the invitations for me and it was a series of cards with a fancy paper clip.  For the luncheon, I just made sure that the right card was placed there.  For you if everyone is coming to both, I'd just make sure both cards are clipped onto it. 

I'm not sure what Vistaprint is but I tried printing them at work and cutting them at home - big, big mistake.  It was wayyyy easier to just go to Kinkos and get them to print and cut - all I had to do was assemble.  It saved so much time and grief.  If you're concerned about quality, give yourself plently of time to make up a sample proof. 

• Options
    yamsuyamsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi DOtoBride!

i'm in the same predicament and in interested in what you went with! we're having 2 ceremonies and 2 receptions but on different days.  did you end up going with vistaprint?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards