Snarky Brides
Options

My MOH is going to kill me...

... if I don't stop waffling on bridesmaid dresses.  She just For The Love of Zeus!'d me in an e-mail.  

*cower*

Re: My MOH is going to kill me...

• Options
    Haahaa! Yup. Sounds like you better get on that.
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options

I'm so indecisve, I'm just letting them deal with it entirely. I flip flopped on MY dress 100 times before I finally found one I loved.

• Options
    i suppose that is better than you killing your moh though...
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    I love waffles with lots of butter. :P
  • Options
    waffling makes me think of ONE thing....

imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:dd49b1b2-8324-4c81-a904-c240a33fc61e">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love waffles with lots of butter. :P
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

ooohhhh yum. now i'm going to be thinking about waffles for the rest of the day.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • Options
    Are you kidding?  I'd let you plan my entire wedding by clicky poll if it meant I didn't have to make another decision!  It'd be like a Choose Your Own Adventure book... except lamer, because it's a wedding and so the chances of falling off a cliff or getting eaten by a giant sea monster are rather slim.
  • Options
    Jelenny, that is straight up awesome!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:f93e2c22-2218-4fc4-9a6d-ec24090361e6">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : ooohhhh yum. now i'm going to be thinking about waffles for the rest of the day.
    Posted by carethb[/QUOTE]
    YW
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:ace86747-c08d-4f7b-abe5-6d8156074800">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you kidding?  I'd let you plan my entire wedding by clicky poll if it meant I didn't have to make another decision!  It'd be like a Choose Your Own Adventure book... except lamer, because it's a wedding and so the chances of falling off a cliff or getting eaten by a giant sea monster are rather slim.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Not kidding!  Let's see 'em!

Jelenny, that's awesome.  My Fantasy Football team name is SuckItFavre.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:b74efa8c-376d-4b06-93e2-a044f6ef8be5">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]waffling makes me think of ONE thing....
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm a staunch GB fan, <em>and</em> I've not gotten into the Farve-bashing because I can respect the desire to keep playing, even when everyone says you should quit. But, this? This made me laugh out loud for real. </div>
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:ace86747-c08d-4f7b-abe5-6d8156074800">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you kidding?  I'd let you plan my entire wedding by clicky poll if it meant I didn't have to make another decision!  It'd be like a Choose Your Own Adventure book... except lamer, because it's a wedding and so the chances of falling off a cliff or getting eaten by a giant sea monster are rather slim.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

But if there WERE chances of falling off a cliff or getting eaten by a giant sea monster, it would make for a very exciting wedding!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Share them :)  (waffles or bm dresses)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Are you kidding?  I'd let you plan my entire wedding by clicky poll if it meant I didn't have to make another decision!  It'd be like a Choose Your Own Adventure book... except lamer, because it's a wedding and so <strong>the chances of falling off a cliff or getting eaten by a giant sea monster are rather slim.</strong>
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    I disagree I would have totally clicked "Edge of a massive cliff with huge man-eating sea creatures circling at the bottom" for your ceremony location.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:6f2e518a-d3dc-43fc-8b1e-5902891cebe2">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : I disagree I would have totally clicked "Edge of a massive cliff with huge man-eating sea creatures circling at the bottom" for your ceremony location.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

RELEASE THE KRAKEN.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:936e0507-2295-4528-bc5c-f24a739d8dec">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : I'm a staunch GB fan, and I've not gotten into the Farve-bashing because I can respect the desire to keep playing, even when everyone says you should quit. But, this? This made me laugh out loud for real. 
    Posted by PetraStonegirl[/QUOTE]

Hi there, fellow Packer fan!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:6f2e518a-d3dc-43fc-8b1e-5902891cebe2">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : I disagree I would have totally clicked "Edge of a massive cliff with huge man-eating sea creatures circling at the bottom" for your ceremony location.

I think there should be some sort of obstacle course involved that guests have to pass in order to get dinner.

ETA: By "pass" I mean "live through"
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Your wedding would be the shiit if you let us plan it for you, Celles.  Look at all the good ideas we're coming up with.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:95c932f0-e5ef-4f42-94cf-39302b25e90f">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : I think there should be some sort of obstacle course involved that guests have to pass in order to get dinner. ETA: <strong>By "pass" I mean "live through"</strong>
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]
    Yes! And I think there should be a distinct possibility of maiming in the obstacle course.  What's a wedding without a bloody stump or two?
  • Options
    I'm all for ninjas.

I think Celles receiving line should be on an old wood and rope bridge that falls apart and you walk across - and be over a pit of lava.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:654f524c-3d13-42bb-87f5-b07e4b9c7eeb">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : Yes! And I think there should be a distinct possibility of maiming in the obstacle course.  <strong>What's a wedding without a bloody stump or two?</strong>
    Posted by npasquale16[/QUOTE]

A lame wedding, that's what!

BTW, Your sig pic makes me laugh every time!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:b74efa8c-376d-4b06-93e2-a044f6ef8be5">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]waffling makes me think of ONE thing....
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

WIN.

Celles, seriously, show us the dresses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I already polled E (last week, I think?) so I feel like a total attention whore for doing it again, but ... I'm still on the fence.  :3 

Right now, it's a choice between (a) insisting on my favorite--

-- and (b) letting each of my three bridesmaids choose the style that suits her in the same fabric and color. 

MOH and BM #1 are on board with (a), and are actually pushing for it.  They're my two oldest friends in the world and they know how very rare it is for me to declare an opinion, so the fact that I even have a favorite (they say!) tells them that I really, really want it.  But FSIL is concerned that my choice won't flatter her, and has chosen a different dress that I feel is a little too casual and won't coordinate as well with my dress:

Side note: my choice isn't very flattering until you pair it with a sash.  It doesn't have a waist of its own, so it needs a sash tied either under the bust (to create an empire waist) or at the natural waist in order to drape prettily.  FSIL tried it on in a size that was too small for her and with no sash, so I think she has a somewhat skewed perspective of it.

Anyway, I told my MOH about 20 minutes ago that I was just going to ask everyone to choose her own style within my parameters (short or cocktail length chiffon with satin accents); that's when she FtLoZ'd me.  She wants me to make the decision that makes ME happy and stop trying to compromise -- which runs contrary to all of the advice we give and get here.   

So, yeah.  /waffle
  • Options
    OhIn Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:80792aae-8c71-4a93-84b6-e9a907769322">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : A lame wedding, that's what! BTW, Your sig pic makes me laugh every time!
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]
    Oh, LedZepp, you are killing me today.  All of your suggestions are perfection. Get out of my head :)

I also just realized I quoted the wrong post.  I love the idea of a rickety bridge over a boiling lake of lava.  In fact, I will be calling my church and venue immediately to see who can arrange this. 
  • Options
    In this case I agree with your MOH.  Tell them to get the one you like the best.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:0502e7fb-fc91-4b0a-831e-787d88bb3154">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding would be the shiit if you let us plan it for you, Celles.  Look at all the good ideas we're coming up with.

I know!  I'm ready to call do-over on the whole thing and let SB plan it.  It would be so. much. win.

eta - Seriously.  You girls had me at KRAKEN. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:2fbac06d-855a-4173-a094-c1c04b627ef7">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]OhIn Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : Oh, LedZepp, you are killing me today.  All of your suggestions are perfection. Get out of my head :) I also just realized I quoted the wrong post.  I love the idea of a rickety bridge over a boiling lake of lava.  In fact, I will be calling my church and venue immediately to see who can arrange this. 
    Posted by npasquale16[/QUOTE]

Can I come?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:5dc6a2cc-f545-4a32-bf45-5993d136e343">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In this case I agree with your MOH.  Tell them to get the one you like the best.

As for the dresses, I agree with this.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My girls are choosing their own dresses, and although I went this route because I thought it would have been less stress for me and them, it's ended up stressing them out.  They're so afraid they'll choose something and be the one looking out of place, that they're all turning into wafflers themselves.  No matter how many dresses they show me, and how many times I "OK" them, they're still stressing.

I say go with your first choice and be done with it.  FSIL will come around when she tries one on in her size or she won't and y'all can laugh about what you made her wear at family gatherings 10 years from now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moh-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8bce8315-2e72-43b6-baee-004e4d4795aePost:936e0507-2295-4528-bc5c-f24a739d8dec">Re: My MOH is going to kill me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My MOH is going to kill me... : I'm a staunch GB fan, and I've not gotten into the Farve-bashing because I can respect the desire to keep playing, even when everyone says you should quit. But, this? This made me laugh out loud for real. 
    Posted by PetraStonegirl[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Milwaukee....am a Packer Backer and my dad has a ::sigh:: Favre wall not a Favre fan sure he was great in GB, but he did the Drama Queen thing tooooooo many times.
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards