November 2012 Weddings
Options

How is your planning going?

Hi ladies,  just was wondering how your planning process is going and wanted to know what you may be working on to get ready for the big day! I booked all the major things ( church (we did our wedding classes too), reception and blocked hotel rooms, booked our photographer, video, DJ, limo, up lighting, cake, center pieces and in process of getting a florist. I bought my dress and I'm going to look for bm's dresses next week. I bought our flower girl baskets, ring pillows, aisle runner and a few decorations for the wedding. I feel like I have down time and need to keep doing stuff for the wedding, but I don't know what to do next. What are projects your working on or things your crossing off your to do list?Smile

Re: How is your planning going?

• Options
    I am doing some DIY stuff and I am currently working on printing and assembling about 100 pocketfold invites. I also have to iron out a few details with our photographer. We decided on a florist but haven't sent in a deposit. We do our Precana classes mid-April. Everything else has been booked-the big stuff anyway. I got my dress already and chose the BM dresses. 2 of my 6 girls have ordered them already. Ummmmm, trying to get in shape! Other than that, I am not sure what else to work on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're pausing almost everything until May! Yippee! I mean that, despite the following: My mother is sick, not really serious, but might require surgery. My parents are paying, so it's hard to completely finish a task without their cooperation. We looked at theknot's checklist Sunday when I heard the diagnosis, and realized there wasn't anything we NEEDED to do over the next 6 weeks.

We do have bakers and caterers widdled down to 2 choices. We're getting married on a Monday, so there's not much competition for our date, and all our possibilities have agreed to hold the date without a deposit.

If the perfect dress shows up on ebay while Mom's sick, I'll order it myself. We've totally moved around on ordering rings. I moved it way early from theknot's recommendation, and on Sunday moved it later on the checklist. There's some heirloom jewelry in the picture, and the appraisals are taking crazy-long. It's free, though, so what ya gonna do.

Kinda stuck on the religious stuff, too. 2 churches are involved. I tell myself the Priests are adults, know how to contact us, know the circumstances, and know our general schedules. I trust them to be adults and arrange the necessary meetings when they're free. [I send ticklers about once a month. With 8 months to go, nothing's urgent.

Nothing's urgent with the churches. Nothing's urgent in general. That's my point.
  • Options
    We have a lot of stuff done. I have a couple DIY projects like a tall sign that will be right when you walk into the venue with our names, date, and a cute saying on it, our table numbers, card box, but thats pretty much it. The girls are picking out their dresses by the end of the month, we just made our menu choices, and all I still really need to find is accessories, and to find pocket squares for the guys (we aren't doing ties, just pocket squares). Im also waiting on a quote on our favors!
    Im a little crazy and did stuff wayyy early ha
  • Options
    Hi,
    We have the venue, church, dj & photographer booked and the florist, cake & limo thankfully come as part of the package we chose so I don't have to find those vendors, just meet with them. I've ordered my dress which is a huge relief and now need to find the perfect dress for my MOH (no bridesmaids). I need to find a makeup artist to do our makeup on the day of but- am finding that most bump up their fees since I don't have several people who need makeup done. I also need to find a videographer.  I feel like I have most of the major items done but now want to focus more on how to personalize the day and make it really feel like our own in the details.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-is-your-planning-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:24a5de60-0d98-4af8-a8a9-f3e3eff8d4ccPost:97469448-6efb-474b-9af6-fce98d1ac7c6">Re: How is your planning going?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I feel like I have most of the major items done but now want to focus more on how to personalize the day and make it really feel like our own in the details.
    Posted by Leenie10[/QUOTE]

Me too!  We've booked all our vendors so we are just working on saving, saving, saving.  Honeymoon is booked (excellence p*unta cana).  We've done some little things as well like make a photobook guestbook, ordered supplies for centerpieces, etc.  Still to do:  order invitations, tuxes, centerpiece mock-up, we do/we did DIY banners for over cermony and reception rooms and other little projects.  I work in a school so I have plenty of time for that stuff come June.  We've been doing some house projects like painting and upgrading small lighting fixtures the past few weekends...not so much wedding stuff lately.
  • Options
    We have booked

church
    reception
    decorator
    dj
    string quartet
    photgrapher
    limo
    indoor photo location ( it being fall, cold and unpredictable weather here)
    cake
    dress and veil are bought and hung up in the closet

in the process of:

securing a florist
    booking for hair/makeup
    invites and all the little tidbits liek guestbook/pen, etc

Our "marriage course" with the church is coming up in April too which is $50
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    Oh yes and our flights for our honeymoon are booked.  Neither of us have been to Florida so we decided to do the Disney honeymoon thing and act like kids.  We've been down south, so we decided to do something more fun as 30 year olds!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We have everything done except...
    - Miscellaneous DIY projects (they're all started - just not finished yet)
    - Guestbook (we just scratched our original idea and decided to do a photo guestbook, which we'll work on once we have our engagement photos)
    - Response cards (ordering those after our tasting in June)
    - Dress alterations (I only need a hem and bustle, but I'm not worrying about this for another few months)
    - Tuxes/suits (still trying to decide if it makes more sense to buy brown suits or rent brown tuxes)
    - Our HM cruise is booked, but we still need to book our flights.
    - Wedding party gifts (we'll probably do this closer to the wedding)

Otherwise, we're done with everything else.

21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Still in the early planning phases and getting ideas, nothing ordered or booked yet. My sister keep telling me to get on the ball and I should. 

We have seen a few venues, called and got quotes for different vendors and just need to make a decision. BUT I feel like I am not sure what i want. We're on a budget and we need to spend ouur money carefully to get eveything we want at the best price.

The only thing we have is our dj (and he's FI cousin). I want to do a few DIY things as well, but haven;t completed decided what i want to DIY fully (invites, flower girls baskets, ring pillo, etc).

I have a tasting with a caterer this Sunday. And FI is going to play with the design for the invites tomorrow so I can go get one printed and see what it looks like...then I'll do a mock-up to get an idea of what the invites will look like. I also plan to go to a local floral shop to get quotes on bouquets an dpetals.  I have a lot do...but I still feel like I have time. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I honestly don't know where I am at in the planning process, I feel like I am behind but I know I am not....

we have our venue, caterer, photo/video, dj, flowers, church, dress, cake 

we still have to do our engagement pictures (1 year in the making), my boudoir pictures are next month, pre-cana (hopefully may), NFP class, tuxes, transportation and a whole lot of decor. 

I am working on my veil (adding beads to the trim), cake topper (adding rhinestones), card box, cocktail napkins (embossing them)...this is just a few of my diy projects I have started recently but there are many more to come. 
  • Options
    Every vendor is booked except for the florist. 

Left on the to-do list:
    book florist
    meet with bakery and DJ
    finalize guest list
    design and order invitations
    take dance lessons
    tasting and finalizing menu with the reception hall
    mail my damn save the datesthat have been sitting on my shelf for 2 months!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards