DC
Options

Need Photographer Reviews: Rachel Narft, Darrell McDavid...

smile24ksmile24k member
First Comment

Hi Ladies - I'm in need of photography reviews. I'm specifically looking for reviews of:

1. Rachel Naft (RMN Photography)
2. Darrell McDavid
3. Ashley McArthur  - please include pricing if you have it
4. The Pros - they offer photography, video, and DJ

Please let me know if you have used any of the above and what your experience was like. Thanks much and happy wedding planning!

Re: Need Photographer Reviews: Rachel Narft, Darrell McDavid...

• Options
    Hi - I don't have input on the photographers you mentioned, but I have heard really bad things about the Pro's in terms of how they pay their photographers.  Also, since you cannot choose your photographer or videographer, I would be weary.  

Do you need other names?
  • Options
    Sorry, I've never heard of any of those vendors.  We used Jim Johnson Photography.  www.picturestorystudio.com. Good luck!
  • Options
    I've looked at other photographers, but now I'm just trying to narrow the field between those four.
  • Options
    I've looked at other photographers, but now I'm just trying to narrow the field between those four.
  • Options
    I'm using Darrell McDavid! Unfortunately my wedding isnt until Sept so I cant really give a solid review. I can tell you they've been a dream to work with....super nice and flexible. You get a ton of stuff for 1 price...I also love the idea of a husband/wife team. Sorry I cant be more helpful! 
  • Options
    I went to a PROs exhibit, where they show the works of the photographers and you can meet some of the photographers. I was not very impressed with their work. After talking with two of the photographers, they also did not impress me. My cousin is using the PROS for her wedding which is in June. She was impressed by them. Also it was easier for her to work with one contact person veruses 3 different people (DJ, photgraphy, videography. she got all 3).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_need-photographer-reviews-rachel-narft-darrell-mcdavid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:041eaac8-f270-4879-8f4e-0db10b30cdc1Post:cb0ec935-ce28-490d-82c2-d8ef486922e6">Re: Need Photographer Reviews: Rachel Narft, Darrell McDavid...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Darrell McDavid! Unfortunately my wedding isnt until Sept so I cant really give a solid review. I can tell you they've been a dream to work with....super nice and flexible. You get a ton of stuff for 1 price...I also love the idea of a husband/wife team. Sorry I cant be more helpful! 
    Posted by HT2012[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm in basically the same situation (wedding in Sept, too). So far, they've been fantastic to work with.
  • Options
    Rachel Naft is awesome! We used her for our November 2010 wedding. She was amazing to work with. She did engagement photos and our wedding for us. I interviewed several photographers, and her work by far was the best. Her prices were the most reasonable, to boot! I also really liked that she was funny and made everyone feel comfortable and she was very inconspicuos at the wedding. I barely noticed her all day. 
  • Options
    This is a late update, but after much thought we decided to go with Rachel Naft. It was a tough choice between her and Darrell McDavid. We interviewed both, but Rachel's professionalism won out in the end. I'm sure we wouldn't have gone wrong either way.

Thanks for the advice! The photog was the last big piece...whew!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards