Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement Photo Question...

Hello all! I am considering asking a friend who has been practicing photography as a hobby for many years to take our engagement photos. She has never taken engagement photos before, but I believe she would do a good job. My question is... How much should I offer to pay her??? How much do less expensive engagement photo packages cost? Thanks for your help!

Re: Engagement Photo Question...

• Options
    It depends upon where you live. You should ask your local board, which is listed over on the left. A lot of photographers include engagement shoots with their wedding package, so it might be hard to figure out a specific price. Make sure, regardless of the amount, that you get a contract!
  • Options
    I charge about $125 for engagement sessions and that includes a DVD of images. I'm still somewhat new to doing portrait photography and am in the process of starting a business (I actually just did a shoot near DC the other week!). I think that price is very reasonable, especially compared to what many others in the area offer. I've seen $350 for the session, and that doesn't even include a DVD of edited images! No way would I want to spend that much. I'm planning my own wedding and know how tight money can be right now.

...If your friend can't do your photos, I'd love to do your enagement shoot! Just send me a message! :)

Hope that helped!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards