June 2012 Weddings
Options

Is your mother making you crazy already?

Am i the ONLY one who is annoyed by my mother? If she likes something for the wedding and I do not care for it, she freaks out. She wants to have all these songs and conga lines and I am just not for it. This is a wedding not a 5th grade dance. She is trying to take over my wedding. Do mothers not realize they had their weddings, and now it is time for ours? Please tell me I am not alone!!!!! What can I do or say that won't hurt her?

Re: Is your mother making you crazy already?

• Options
    My mom and I have very different opinions about certain things regarding the wedding, mainly food.  But, as far as all the other things that we've discussed, we've either agreed or she says "it's your wedding" so do what you want.  As the wedding gets closer though, she might change her mind, because my parents are paying for the wedding. 
  • Options
    I totally laughed out loud when I saw the subject line of your post!  : )  I wouldn't say my mom is making me crazy, but maybe a little.  I mean with our weddings being so far away still I haven't really thought about specifics yet and when she wants to discuss them I feel pressure.  My mom and I had completely different ideas on what we wanted for MY wedding.  I finally talked to her about what my FI and I want and although I know she's a little disappointed, she's being great about it now.  At least so far!  : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    While I haven't started planning I have mention ideas to her and she doesn't agree with them. I know and she knows that FI and I are paying for the wedding as of now and what we say goes. He who pays has a say.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I totally agree with the saying "He who pays has a say." My FI and I are paying for most of the wedding ourselves. My mom hasn't really gotten to the crazy point yet, but she does consistently ask me if I have booked certain things. Good luck :)

June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you an only child or the only daughter?

In my case... my mom wants to be involved in everything but not neccesarily make my decisions.. my father on the other hand.... hmmmm....thats a headache..lol

• Options
    Parents and FIL's seem fine with whatever myself and FI like at this point in time.  Everyone is pitching in for this wedding, but no one has made any requests about what they'd like to see.  It's been a very laid back experience so far.  I think living 5 hours away from everyone helps with that though.
    Wink
  • Options
    I am the oldest daughter, so she has 2 more daughters to drive crazy! I know she is just as excited about this as I am. Both of our parents are paying for the wedding 50/50, and they have been so layed back about this wedding planning. It must be the brides side! :) All though I must say it has been a little better since we went dress shopping, and have looked at other things that she and I both like, but in the end it is my wedding, my vision, with thier money :) It might sound kind of bratty, but she has had her wedding, and I want this day to be ours. (Fiance and mine)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards