Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How long is you reception including the cocktail hour?

Re: How long is you reception including the cocktail hour?

• Options
    1 hour cocktails, 5 hour reception.

• Options
    The plan is about 5 hours, including a cocktail hour.  It may run a little longer depending on how long the band goes.
  • Options
    1 hour for cocktails, 4 more hours for the reception

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    5 hours including the cocktail hour- if we are still having fun when the 5 hours are up we may party for another hour or 2: we have the venue until 11 at night and our DJ has already said that he will stay as long as we want!
  • Options

Cocktail hour starts at 6 dinner at 7 ends at 11 unless we are still partying (most likely) than we'll do an hr bar extension. Than we have the after party at the hotel lounge if anybody is still awake lol

• Options
    45 min cocktail hour, 4 hour reception
  • Options
    Cocktail hour will be from 5-6pm. Reception will be from 6-10pm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am going for one hour cocktail and 4 hr reception
    Two hearts run wild John & Lynnette April 21, 2012 My Bio
  • Options
    45 min cocktail hour, 4 hour reception.  And it flew. 
  • Options
    cocktails from 5:00 - 6:30 with tons of appetizers to absorb some of that booze

Reception started at 6:30, pretty much everyone was off to the after party by midnight
  • Options
    1 hour for cocktails, 5 hours for reception

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_long-reception-including-cocktail-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:18488972-4344-4035-be32-69e41a9c96b8Post:4ba59994-e9d6-494d-b73f-1244a96d4610">Re: How long is you reception including the cocktail hour?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cocktail hour will be from 5-6pm. Reception will be from 6-10pm.
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

This is our exact hours also with the option of hitting the bar down the street if people still wanna drink and dance.
    Untitled TTC#1 - DX w/ Endo in 2004 - Married 5/21/11 - Stopped BC in 2/12 - Started TTC 6/12
  • Options
    it went a little more than 6 hours

• Options
    Our ceremony & reception are at the same place... so it's a total of 5 hours. 20 min ceremony starting at 6:30, 40 min cocktail/apps, reception 7:30 to 11:30.
  • Options
    5 hours including a 1 hour cocktail hour
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    hhmm.. I'm a little bummed, I wish I saw this thread last week. I just signed my contract. We have the ceremony on site and the total venue rental is only 5 hours. Its going to fly by and that will make me sad. LOL
  • Options
    Ceremony at 5pm, cocktails hr at 6pm, reception from 7-11pm... Basically 5 hrs not including ceremony.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Cocktail hour from 6-7
    Reception from 7-11
    Total hours: 5
  • Options
    Our hall and DJ both go for 6 hours total (including cocktail hour). My sister's was about 4.5-5 hours, and I thought it was too short. I was still goin full steam at 10, when hers ended. So we booked our place from 5-11 with plans for an after-party at a bar around the corner. 

My group of friends nearly always closes down weddings, then follows up with an after-party. I can only remember 1 wedding I left before the music stopped, and Im rarely ready to call it a night, but thats my group of friends. I know some groups where stuff dies down earlier, like groups who have lots of couples with kids or older guests. 
    Trust your heart, love knows the way. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm nervous that ours is too short.  Our venue is right down the street from the church we are getting married in.  We are scheduled at the venue from 2-6.Guests will go have cocktails while we get pictures, we should be there by 3 at the latest.  Then we are doing buffet, cake, dancing and done.
    We ran off to Vegas and got married!
  • Options
    Well, we have our ballroom from 1pm until 1 am, with last call for alcohol being at 12:30 am.

Ideally my cocktail hour till run 4:30-6 pm, and then reception will go until everyone leaves or until 1 am, which ever comes first!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lol cab33.. glad I could make you feel better!!
  • Options
    Were starting with 5 hours but we can party all night long so long as we have free-flowin booze and 50 bucks per extra hour for the dj
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Not having a cocktail but the bar will be open. The wedding and reception are in the same location and it is high in the mountains. The DJ said he will play as long as he is need so the party may go all night. so over 5 hours

www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Free Wedding Vows">Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Cocktails 5-6, dinner 6-8ish, then dancing 8-1.  But I expect only our partier friends will stay until 1, we will do the late-night table and cake cutting by 11:00.  So 1 hour cocktails, 7 hours reception for 8 hours total.

• Options
    1 hour cocktail, 4 hour reception, then party the rest of the night in the hotel bar!
  • Options
    We are having cocktail hour from 5-6. Arrive at 6. Dinner at 6:30 and then we have the venue till 1am.  We plan on dancing till then or as long as everyone is up for it as there isn't an after party anywhere.
  • Options

Cocktails 1hr

Reception 7hr

I know it seems long, but where I am from it is a little more traditional.  My cocktail hour is from 5-6, supper is from 6-7, program is from 7-8, and then the dance is from 8-1am and we actually have the building until 2am.  But last call is at 1am.  This is how we are able to party at the same place. Plus we end up somewhere after - ALWAYS! in my family.  Last wedding I didn't end up at home until 8am the next day. So much fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

No cocktail hour
    3hr Luncheon reception (with open bar)  2-5pm
    (Its Vegas - I'm sure the party isn't stopping after the reception ends!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards