Not Engaged Yet
Options

A whole new level of BSC

Have you guys heard of this? It's a new wedding show. Brides are competing for plastic surgery. I just saw an ad for this show for the first time.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/bridalplasty-compete-nose-jobs-implants-dream-wedding/story?id=11663378
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A whole new level of BSC

• Options
    coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where do I sign up for this? I mean because obviously I need to look totally different for that day.  Or else, he doesn't want to marry me. Blah.

"This person is choosing to marry you because they love you already. These people are going to undergo these drastic plastic surgeries, who's to say that the groom will think of them in the same way afterwards?"

That quote is absolutely what I thought of when I was reading this.  He already is marrying you because he loves you for who you are, and you want to change that?

I personally would like to see the Groom leave her at the alter when she comes up there looking like Barbie Girl. 
    When is my wedding
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh. My. Gawd. Priorities. In. Wrong. Place. ACK.
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That's kinda disgusting.  And on a negative nelly note, I wonder what the show's going to do if/when one of the brides has a negative reaction or dies as a complication of the surgery.  Plastic surgery is still surgery, people.

Oh, and my boyfriend would break up with me.  But I wouldn't go that route cause um, I'm scared of needles.  Phew.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Maybe this will cause TK to add plastic surgeons as vendors.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had plastic surgery.  But I would NOT compete for it on national television.
    I did it before I met my BF, and I think he would have loved me regardless. 

I did it for myself, for the long run, not for one day.  That's stupid.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And for the record, Wrkn, your experience with plastic surgery does not fall into my rant as much :)

The whole getting it just for your wedding is ridiculous.  I can't believe a show like this would ever make it...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I get that B&W. 

There's a lot of negative publicity for plastic surgery.  It gives a bad name to those who take a mature, educated approach to it.

I still took a really tiny percentage of a risk to my life to get boobs.  It makes me feel stupid sometimes, so I try not to focus on that.
    I acted a little more brave and invincible than I should've.
    And I found out my body hates morphine!  That was fun.

Did anyone watch bridal boot camp?  That one pissed me off to no end.  They were fussing on girls for not losing weight.  HELLO!  Sometimes when you carry a boat across the sand for four hours, your body builds muscle, that adds weight.
    I just wish they would go by measurements and body fat percentage, not just by pounds. 

ETA: Changed invisible to invincible. You can see me.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whole-new-level-of-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3b3a2252-81c0-4dde-93e7-b225772c1499Post:85993bd4-2f8e-4432-921d-2dc1ee0e5894">Re: A whole new level of BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had plastic surgery.  But I would NOT compete for it on national television. I did it before I met my BF, and I think he would have loved me regardless.  I did it for myself, for the long run, not for one day.  That's stupid.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

what did you have done?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too slow ST!  Answered above.

Short answer, I bought a rack.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As I'm scared of needles, I try not to get plastic surgery, but had I ever had it...I would have bought a rack too. Luckily for me (or unluckily) my BC gave me an insta-boob job for no apparent reason.  It's ridiculous, haha.

BUT, I once went to a plastic surgeon (referred by my doctor to fix some scarring from another disease) and the lady didn't read my file and THOUGHT I wanted new boobs.  So ya know, there's that too.  I was like 14...and traumatized.  AND, I didn't need the surgery (score for no needles!)
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whole-new-level-of-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3b3a2252-81c0-4dde-93e7-b225772c1499Post:28d46889-9664-4037-ac51-2718e797925c">Re: A whole new level of BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Too slow ST!  Answered above. Short answer, <strong>I bought a rack.</strong>
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

This cracked me up.  Wrkn, are you happy with the results?  Glad you did it?

I want to have some "work done," too.  Not implants and nothing too major, but I'm afraid to take the leap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...there are NO words.

What has society come to?  I bet Heidi Montag is in CA somewhere stomping her little foot that this show wasn't around in time for HER wedding.
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hearing about a reality show about plastic surgery just reminds me of The Swan.

That show creeped me out.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whole-new-level-of-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3b3a2252-81c0-4dde-93e7-b225772c1499Post:04eed94a-f871-4d74-9558-7517cd8581a8">Re: A whole new level of BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A whole new level of BSC : This cracked me up.  Wrkn, are you happy with the results?  Glad you did it? I want to have some "work done," too.  Not implants and nothing too major, but I'm afraid to take the leap.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I'd do it ten times over.  I'm really happy with the results.
    Sometimes I wish I had the money from it, but I just would have spent it on something else stupid.
    I did it about two and a half years ago.  During the entire recovery, I would say I was in pain for about 4 hours total, spread out at different times.

I can't deny that the drive to do it was superficial, and it had an extremely positve effect on my self-esteem.  That's shallow, but it made me a better person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ew deburnin I HATED The Swan - what a terrible premise for a show, also hated extreme makeover. Yuck.

That being said competing for wedding day plastic surgery sounds like the most insane thing I've ever heard. I mean really? This is what the world is coming to? What.The.Hell.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    edited December 2011
    "The last bride standing will win the remaining procedures on her list and the dream wedding she has planned along the way, not revealing her new face and physique to her husband-to-be until they're at the altar."
    Because my wedding dream is for FI to not recognize me as I'm walking down the aisle. Good plan.
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011

The sad(?) thing about this show is, I am sure there was an overwhelming response of applicants for the show. I'm pretty sure the producers were not struggling to find people to be on the show.

Yeah, and not revealing themselves until the wedding day is super weird. Although, not going to lie, DH would not have been disappointed had I gotten boobs for the wedding and suprised him with them.

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, if people are that unhappy with themselves that they need EVERY part of their body altered, they should probably work on that (psychologically) BEFORE they even consider getting married.   I don't think plastic surgery is a bad thing, but having peopl compete to win it just for their wedding is.  Like the article said, it's completely unethical.  Not to mention, I wonder what their 'wish lists' are if they can compete for what was it? 18 Weeks?  They really want 18 surgeries?  Wow.

But I guess this brings up a fun poll:
    If you were to get plastic surgery, what would it be?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    I would either do my nose or my boobs. Maybe some lipo on my thighs.
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh god, I have heard of that. I think it's disgusting and appaling (note: not plastic sugery itself. It's the general attitude of the show and the fact that these girls will essentially changed everything about them). And I honestly wonder how many grooms are going to either call off the wedding entirely or have serious trouble coping afterward.

I honestly think BF would cry if he lifted up my veil at the altar to find a completely different face than what he fell in love with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards