Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Need a 32" Cake Stand

So we're having a ginormous cake and the bottom tier is 32in dia.  I've searched online everywhere and cannot find a stand/plateau to fit.  My baker offered to make me one, but it would cost $250, which is waaaay more than I want to spend.  She told me many months ago that she could make one, but just now popped the price on me. 
Anyone have any ideas where to find such a thing?  Our date is NYE so I don't really have much time to DIY it if it doesn't turn out the first time.  

TIA

Re: Need a 32" Cake Stand

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can't find one online, I say get some plywood cut to size and cover it with whatever it is you want to cover it with (making sure it's food safe) and assemble one quickly yourself.
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to a glass cutting place and having them cut a piece of glass and just going to add some sparkle to it!!!
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember looking at circular glass tabletops that you could probably use as your cake platter.  They can ship it to you directly, no trip down to the glasscutter or DIY required.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glass is another great option! I know the building shop near me also cuts and polishes glass to size as well as plywood.
  • Options
    DecoWedDecoWed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glass sounds like a great idea!!  We don't know the exact size of the table yet, as the reception hall owner is having one made up for us but she will be telling me those measurements when it's done this coming week.  Local glass cutter vs having it shipped will just depend on the timeline at that point. :))
    Thanks so much for the suggestions!
  • Options
    Team_22Team_22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See if a local baker rents cupcake trees.  If they have a large tree, the bottom tier should be the right size, and it will have a decorative base to it, or feet.  If you were closer to CT I'd rent you mine :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards