Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ask me anything!

2»

Re: Ask me anything!

• Options

that is why I moved.

• Options
    is it bad if instead of eating lunch I go to CVS to get skittles and diet sunkist?
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ask-anything-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2fd64fbb-e9fa-48b6-93b3-5729daa169c1Post:447bc78c-7598-4624-b8e0-44ab0101364a">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Penguin......no worries.  I have mad love for Purdue b/c of some great people I know that went there.  Carrie McCambridge?  She was on my diving team growing up.  She broke like every record at Purdue.  She rocks, so Purdue can rock too. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

That name sounds familiar, maybe?

I wish I could reciprocate, but Tressel really burns my biscuits!  Still bitter about some losses to OSU (and your entire 2002 season). And that's WITH my best friend going to Ohio State, and my brother's love of the school.   
    Although I will say that I cheer for you whenever it is out of conference 1000%  Still can't believe last year's loss to USC.  Dang cheaters!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ask-anything-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2fd64fbb-e9fa-48b6-93b3-5729daa169c1Post:e46847fb-9d82-41d9-89c5-5ead7f94a415">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]is it bad if instead of eating lunch I go to CVS to get skittles and diet sunkist?
    Posted by parker624[/QUOTE]

LOVE Diet Sunkist.  Although, personally, I would opt for Starburst.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This

will be a new addition to our house in 9 days. It's hidden in my desk at work right now. H has no idea. I think I might need to sit outside and wait for him to come home so I can see his reaction.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    WM - you are by far an awesome wife convert!  Your H is certainly lucky!
  • Options
    is it football season yet??

um, Directv came on Saturday and told us that there are too many trees to get a good HD signal.  Damn cottage in the woods.  someone else is coming out today to make sure this is true.  I hope the first guy was wrong.  time warner sucks.
  • Options
    I am trying. I don't like football to save my life, but I do like to make my H happy.

We had a groom's cake at our wedding too with his favorite cake (carrot cake) and this

on the front. It was pretty awesome. And he was surprised.

• Options
    Haha matilda- that's awesome!! Luckily for me... I'm a MSU fan (Big 10) and FI is a Tennessee Volunteers fan (SEC)... so we can cheer each other's teams on without converting or anything. We'll play each other, what? Maybe in a bowl game? Yeah.

And parker- college football is kind of starting. I think the big kick-off is either this weekend or next. NFL will be the weekend after Labor Day. w00t!
  • Options
    SEPTEMBER 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ohio State's first game is September 2nd, which is why I am saving the flag until then. Otherwise, football just interferes with my shows and I don't like it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ask-anything-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2fd64fbb-e9fa-48b6-93b3-5729daa169c1Post:4ccb982d-ae66-4dc1-adaf-1ee03378e7a5">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha matilda- that's awesome!! Luckily for me... I'm a MSU fan (Big 10) and FI is a Tennessee Volunteers fan (SEC)... so we can cheer each other's teams on without converting or anything. We'll play each other, what? Maybe in a bowl game? Yeah. And parker- college football is kind of starting. I think the big kick-off is either this weekend or next. NFL will be the weekend after Labor Day. w00t!
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

My FI is from Knoxville and loves UT!!  His only conflict is when his undergrad (Clemson) plays our grad school (Virginia Tech).  It hasn't been pretty recently.

OSU opens up on September 2 (against lame-o Marshall) and then Labor Day weekend is when all heck breaks loose!  Is it here yet?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ask-anything-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2fd64fbb-e9fa-48b6-93b3-5729daa169c1Post:3d743380-32cb-404b-aae9-efe995cd0d80">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : My FI is from Knoxville and loves UT!!  His only conflict is when his undergrad (Clemson) plays <strong>our grad school (Virginia Tech)</strong>.  It hasn't been pretty recently. OSU opens up on September 2 (against lame-o Marshall) and then Labor Day weekend is when all heck breaks loose!  Is it here yet?
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

My BIL and SIL both went to Tech for undergrad. They attend just about every single home game. I haven't been invited yet. Maybe it's my non-love of football? But I think a game would be awesome because I've never been to a big football game before.
  • Options
    Matilda - Did you go to a non-football school for college?  I didn't really get into it until I went to Purdue and we went to the Rose Bowl my freshman year (Drew Brees' senior year).  It's so awesome to have something to do on Saturdays and be surrounded by people cheering together!

Plus VT has been pretty good these past few years.  We get to see them on September 25 when they play up here at Boston College.  HOKIES!
  • Options
    Yeah, I went to Virginia Commonwealth University, so no football. We had a pretty decent basketball team and knocked Duke out of the NCAA Championship one year, which I was stoked about because Dook sucks. Basketball is more my speed, but with H's help I am learning about football. I still refuse to watch professional sports of any kind though because I think they bitch too much about their million dollar salaries.

I really think I just want to go to a game so I can tailgate.
  • Options
    MP- Nice!!

I did have to convince FI that Spartan Green and Volunteer Orange were not going to be a good wedding color combo (gag).

I love college football but I'm more geeked this year for NFL. Our Fantasy team is going to ROCK OUT this year.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ask-anything-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2fd64fbb-e9fa-48b6-93b3-5729daa169c1Post:37ccc9e0-6b54-4991-9945-725a76a1593d">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MP- Nice!! I did have to convince FI that Spartan Green and Volunteer Orange were not going to be a good wedding color combo (gag). I love college football but I'm more geeked this year for NFL. Our Fantasy team is going to ROCK OUT this year.
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

Unless it says "UT" or Tennessee on it, that color orange should not be worn EVER!  So obnoxious.  Like Lane Kiffin . . .

Glad you got Peyton on your fantasy team.  Oh, with your FI's love of UT, his love of Peyton is now explained.  (Although what's not to love!?!)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ask-anything-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2fd64fbb-e9fa-48b6-93b3-5729daa169c1Post:02b88258-19f0-4c47-8b7e-252edb27d481">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I went to Virginia Commonwealth University, so no football. We had a pretty decent basketball team and knocked Duke out of the NCAA Championship one year, which I was stoked about because Dook sucks. Basketball is more my speed, but with H's help I am learning about football. I still refuse to watch professional sports of any kind though because I think they bitch too much about their million dollar salaries. I really think I just want to go to a game so I can tailgate.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

DO IT!!! 

<-----  off to find Tech Triumph on my iPod.
  • Options
    honestly i'm more geeked out for nfl this year too. hence the frustration of no sunday ticket!!  doing 2 fantasy leagues this year, but haven't drafted yet.  Gotta get up on who's injured/ who's a sleeper, etc. this weekend.
  • Options
    Parker, are you a Bengals fan?
  • Options
    Me either.  They were so bad when I was growing up.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards