Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bud, Spud & Steak

Re: Bud, Spud & Steak

• Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um , is this a geographical thing? Cultural? Most would say this is distasteful and maybe even digusting. If you want a wedding you pony up for it yourselves.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not do this. If you're mature enough to get married, you should be mature enough to pay for it yourself. I would never help pay for someone else's wedding. That is just rude and tacky. Please pay for your own event and do not do this get together to get money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Save the $10 per person and have that money go to your reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bud-spud-steak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7501222e-8d34-46d5-ae4e-459871b568bfPost:90a46dd4-6f52-4185-97a4-4a031586a142">Re: Bud, Spud & Steak</a>:
    [QUOTE]Save the $10 per person and have that money go to your reception.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I was thinking. Instead of hiring a DJ for the party, hire him for the reception. Instead of buying cake for the party, buy a cake for the reception.</div><div>
    </div><div>List goes on.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think anyone understands why we are doing this.
    This is something that EVERYONE does where we live. It's a "manitoba thing"".

I hate socials. I don't want one. But we figured if we did have one, it would be a way to celebrate with everyone.

BTW, we plan on paying for our wedding . . wow, I can't believe how rude some of the resonses are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We aren't having this to pay for our wedding. I'll be happy if we break even, as I don't plan on making alot of money off of it.

• Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bud-spud-steak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7501222e-8d34-46d5-ae4e-459871b568bfPost:8bfe2d50-73f8-4538-87ae-a30fac51600c">Bud, Spud & Steak</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are planning to do a bud, spud and steak night instead of the traditional Manitoba social (<strong>for everyone that doesn't know, most people put on a event to make some money to help pay for the wedding </strong>with a DJ, prizes, drinks and sandwiches). I am at a lost as what the cost should be. The meal will include steak (or chicken), potato (or fries), veggies, salad, garlic toast, mushrooms and drink of choice (beer, 1oz of alcohol, pop, or water). The even will be from around 5:30 to 8:30 and will be held at a local bar (guests can stay past and enjoy the bar). We will have a auction with prizes. What would you consider to be a fair price? And if you have to take into consideration that the meal costs us $10 per person what would you price it as? Thanks in advance!
    Posted by tonya246[/QUOTE]

I don't get why you are being so defensive in your last reply when right there you said it is to help pay for the wedding...
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bud-spud-steak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:7501222e-8d34-46d5-ae4e-459871b568bfPost:0d55cd00-442b-427c-a3d0-d1387167c484">Re: Bud, Spud & Steak</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bud, Spud & Steak : I don't get why you are being so defensive in your last reply when right there you said it is to help pay for the wedding...
    Posted by ShakeUpTampa[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with me wanting money for the wedding, it is a local tradition.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where we come from, it would be strange if we didn't have a social. Its just about getting out, having some drink, dance and a fun time. It is not a money grab that everyone is making it out to be.
  • Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It very well may be traditional, but this type of thing does not go over well on these boards, and most people think they are inappropriate.  (Including myself.)  I just wouldn't discuss it here, because you will continue to get the responses you've already gotten. 

Personally I don't think you should have one at all, but you've already decided you're going to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you try doing some research before attacking the OP? Or not respond to a post if it is regarding something you don't understand.

Believe it or not, wedding customs and traditions do vary in different nationalities, ethnicities, cultures, regions, and socio-economic classes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards