Michigan-Detroit
Options

Southeastern Michigan Wedding Venues

Hello All!
So, we're recently engaged and starting the process of wedding venue-searching in southeast Michigan. We found (and fell in love w/) Weller's Inc, but it's not quite in our price range. Are there any suggestions of an Inn, or historical 'cottages', or barns, or something to this effect? We are looking for a very open floor plan, with windows. Haha, trying to avoid golf courses, banquet halls, and hotels. Any suggestions will be greatly welcomed (especially the unassuming ones that aren't typically posted on theknot :-)...)  Thanks!
K&V

Re: Southeastern Michigan Wedding Venues

• Options
    Welcome to the Detroit Knot and congrats on your engagement.

It helps to know more:

- budget
    - anticipated guest size (some venues we may recommend have max limits)

Also, "venues" is a pretty popular term on our board. If you go to the bottom of this page, there is a search feature, and you can search this board for "venues" and the prior topics relating to that will come up.

Also, if you look at the top posts on this page, there are pushpins for permanent posts where many brides have posted their vendor info with prices, including venues, churches, chapels, etc.

I myself can highly recommend Greenmead Village where we had our reception. It is a public park in Livonia, at 8 Mile Rd & Newburgh intersection, but has a max capacity of 100 for the historic banquet building. It also has a lovely historic chapel. The grounds are perfect for pictures as well. You can click on my bio link below, go to the photo link and see pics from our engagement session on the grounds in the fall, and pictures from our wedding there in August of 2011. If you are having more than 100, they also allow you to set up a tent next to the banquet building (nice because they have wonderful bathrooms, LOL. You do have to bring in everything except the tables & chairs which they have on hand, and can use the multiple picnic tables they have as well.  

Good luck. Looking forward to hearing all about your plans.
  • Options
    Sue,
    You're wedding was beautiful! I'm so new to all of this message board stuff, so thanks for the tips and heads up!  A few more details: your style of wedding is actually very similar to what I'm looking for. We want an outdoor ceremony, and inside reception. Our tentative guest list right now is at about 170. I think more realistically we will end up with about 150 invitations. Budget-wise, we've capped it at about $15000. I haven't really made up my (our) mind yet whether I want the reception to offer catering, or if I would prefer to bring in an outside caterer. From what I've seen though, the cheaper option may be to find a location w/on-site catering?
    Thanks again for all the help!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_southeastern-michigan-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:be667a11-fd41-479d-aebf-49926108cdb2Post:68c1bb6a-5698-4b2d-b652-7ba48dd1e2e1">Re: Southeastern Michigan Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the Detroit Knot and congrats on your engagement. It helps to know more: - budget - anticipated guest size (some venues we may recommend have max limits) Also, "venues" is a pretty popular term on our board. If you go to the bottom of this page, there is a search feature, and you can search this board for "venues" and the prior topics relating to that will come up. Also, if you look at the top posts on this page, there are pushpins for permanent posts where many brides have posted their vendor info with prices, including venues, churches, chapels, etc. I myself can highly recommend Greenmead Village where we had our reception. It is a public park in Livonia, at 8 Mile Rd & Newburgh intersection, but has a max capacity of 100 for the historic banquet building. It also has a lovely historic chapel. The grounds are perfect for pictures as well. You can click on my bio link below, go to the photo link and see pics from our engagement session on the grounds in the fall, and pictures from our wedding there in August of 2011. If you are having more than 100, they also allow you to set up a tent next to the banquet building (nice because they have wonderful bathrooms, LOL. You do have to bring in everything except the tables & chairs which they have on hand, and can use the multiple picnic tables they have as well.   Good luck. Looking forward to hearing all about your plans.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    If you're closer to the Auburn Hills ares, you might want to check out Addison Oaks - it's where we're planning on having our wedding. They have beautiful outdoor areas for ceremonies and a large space inside for reseptions/ceremony back up. They do their own catering, but their food is wonderful (I've been to two other weddings there and it was delicious every time).

I'm not sure if it's 'cottage-y' enough - it's a nice mix of old-world details and standard ballroom. The company that manages it (Oaks Managment) has other sites that might be more what you're looking for (though I can't personally vouch for their food or service).
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    There is Cobblestone Farms in Ann Arbor MI but I think it might be a little tight for 150. It is reasonably priced but you only get tables and chairs no in house catering. Also the Huron Metro park is prices ok and I think they can hold 150. They do not have an in house caterer but require you to use Kosch catering. If you want your wedding in Ann Arbor the Visitors Bureau has a website http://meetings.visitannarbor.org/who-we-serve/social-events and if you fill out the information they have a lady who help you (for FREE).  She can send you the list of places, get you hotel quotes for the area ect. They do this to help promote tourism. A lot of cities have these but people are unaware. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards