Virginia
Options

Beautiful churches in Richmond, VA

Hi! I am looking for a beautiful church to get married in.  I don't really care about the denomination...just the look.  Any suggestions??

Thanks,
TC

Re: Beautiful churches in Richmond, VA

• Options
    SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if they allow non-members to get married there, but First Presbyterian at 5th and Franklin is BEAUTIFUL and very historic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Cfas on this one. And good luck explaining to the pastor that just want to use their sacred house of worship as a backdrop. 

If I were you I would concern myself with finding a beautiful location somewhere else because what you are trying to do is going to insult people. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church is beautiful, they are located on Laurel Street In Oregon Hill. Thats where I hope to have my wedding. But I do agree with the above posts about just holding it there for the look not the meaning
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Perhaps OP does not have an affiliation with a specific branch of the Christian faith, but still wants a Christian wedding (which is what she will have in a church)?

I will say though, now that I re-read the origional post, it doesn't come off very respectful.  I hope you don't share those sentiments with the minister at the church.  It won't go over well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I totally forgot about my post, but it looks like your assumptions about my spirituality have been busy.  To the person that replied with AN ANSWER, thank you. It's funny how people can't comprehend.  I said I did not mind the denomination, and WHY?? Because we are all God's children and I do not believe one religion is better than the other.  Religion doesn't save you.  A personal relationship with God does.  I just wanted a beautiful place of worship. 

Shameful ladies, just shameful.  This attitude deters people from posting or even attending church.

Do better.  Be better. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards