Texas-Austin
Options

Texas Pro DJ

Has anyone ever used Texas Pro DJ? 
My Fiance and I are a huge mix of cultures and he seems like he knows the music and how to mix it pretty well.
Any reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Re: Texas Pro DJ

• Options

Our wedding was at the Driskill Hotel in Austin and we received a recommendation from the  hotel to use Texas Pro DJ.  We were very excited and confident about our choice since this was recommended to us by the hotel.  Why would the venue where we are having our wedding and paying a fortune for recommend someone that was not quality?

Two days before the wedding we met with Miles (who was awesome) and went over our music selections.  We had a very extensive "do not play list" that included all the typical reception songs like "Play that funky music white boy."  We expressed over and over how we did not want this type of music played.  We went over the song we wanted our wedding party to enter to and the song we wanted to enter to as well as our first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance songs.  We also picked songs for throwing the garter and the bouquet toss where I expressed that I did not want the Beyonce "Put a ring on it" song played during the toss.  We also made a point to say that there would be no requests for songs during the reception and my husband did not want the guys to do his Frat chant.  We both felt very comfortable and confident after meeting with Miles that everything would be taken care of.  The only problem was Miles was not the DJ for our reception, Nick was.

After our ceremony we arrived at the Driskill and Nick met us downstairs asking what songs we wanted to enter to.  This worried me a bit since he should have already known this.  We told him we wanted to enter to "I'm sexy and I know it."  Well, he runs upstairs, comes back down, and asks if it would be ok to enter to "I'm too sexy for my shirt."  Are you serious????????  I was really starting to freak out and my husband said absolutely not.  Nick ran back upstairs and downloaded the song or magically found it or something.  Our wedding party entered to nothing (which we had chosen a particular song for them with Miles).  When it came to our cocktail/eating music we had requested that it be a mix of Sinatra, Micheal Buble, classic jazz type music of the 40's or music that sounded similar.  He played a few songs from that genre but mostly soul jazz songs that we had never heard and were nothing like what we had discussed.

When it came time for our dances, he did not know what our songs were and had to ask numerous times.  He not only cut off our first dance song but also my dance with my father (it was about 1 minute).  Both of which we had spent time and money choreographing.  After the dances he immediately broke into playing the typical wedding music we specifically said DO NOT PLAY.  He also announced he would be taking requests from the crowd so immediately some drunk attendee requests "Pussy Control" to be played and he allows it.  Thankfully I had a bridesmaid go up and request a different song to be played immediately.

The reception continued with this same tune. He of course played that stupid Beyonce song when I did the bouquet toss which only pissed me off more and my he allowed my husband's friends to do their Frat chant. If we wanted something played other than this typical wedding music we had to go up and request it.  He would constantly find me on the dance floor and ask what I wanted to be played (which was extremely annoying since we said we wanted the "Top 40" to be played so we wouldn't have to worry about this). 

He didn't keep the reception moving like we were told he would do.  We frantically did the bouquet and garter toss at the end of the night because he never brought it up to us and we almost forgot (when we met with Miles he came up with entire timeline of how the night should go and said he would announce things when they were supposed to be happening).

I was very disappointed with the quality of this DJ.  While Miles was great this DJ that works for him is not.  It was very disappointing to have to pay so much for a DJ and experience this level of quality at a once in a lifetime event.  I would never recommend this DJ to anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards