Florida-North Florida

Help!!! We need ideas on a Beautiful budget friendly wedding in NE Florida

Maybe you can help us, we are in the process of trying to plan our wedding and I do not know where to start.

Like almost everyone right now we are on a budget. I was proposed to at the castle in magic kingdom, so I would like to carry on that theme in some way. I would like to have a romantic wedding with lots of candles and flowers. The colors are pink,white with tree frog green, I would love to have some sparkle. We would like to have an inside wedding with the option of having an inside/outside reception but are open to different options. My dream wedding/reception would be overlooking the water at dusk. We would like an evening wedding with a dinner style reception depending on the amount it will cost us. We are new to all the details that's why I am posting this hoping that someone could give us pointers on wedding locations, venues, food, dj's, photography,etc everything that would have to do with planning a wedding with a small budget. We would love for everyone's input the wedding is planned to be in June/July.

Re: Help!!! We need ideas on a Beautiful budget friendly wedding in NE Florida

• edited December 2011

Maybe you can help us, we are in the process of trying to plan our wedding and I do not know where to start.

Like almost everyone right now we are on a budget. I was proposed to at the castle in magic kingdom, so I would like to carry on that theme in some way. I would like to have a romantic wedding with lots of candles and flowers. The colors are pink,white with tree frog green, I would love to have some sparkle. We would like to have an inside wedding with the option of having an inside/outside reception but are open to different options. My dream wedding/reception would be overlooking the water at dusk. We would like an evening wedding with a dinner style reception depending on the amount it will cost us. We are new to all the details that's why I am posting this hoping that someone could give us pointers on wedding locations, venues, food, dj's, photography,etc everything that would have to do with planning a wedding with a small budget. We would love for everyone's input the wedding is planned to be in June/July.

• edited December 2011
    Try your local board or the local board for where you want to have your wedding.  As far as decor goes, try the clearance or close-out sales at local home stores for candles, and if you're good at DIY, you can get beads and crystals in your local craft store and make strings of sparkly beads / crystals to decorate.  If the venue you pick allows it, you could put medium and large size diamond beads (fake ones, of course!) on the tables mixed in with pink rose petals and candles.  

If you are looking for inside wedding with inside/outside reception option, there are a few lakeside venues in my state that have indoor ceremony sites with indoor/outdoor dining areas.  Don't know if there are places like that in FL, so check your local board for hints.

Good luck!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Go shopping after Valentine's for lots of pink items and you could even try after St. Patty's day for the green, though most things will be tacky and have four leaf clovers on them, it's worth a shot. My colors are red and gold and my mom and I went day after Christmas shopping and got AMAZING candle holders for centerpices 50% off.

Also, I got all my candles for close to free. My mom and I have been Partylite addicts for years and when you host parties you get lots of free stuff back based on how much people buy. We told people we were trying to get stuff for my wedding and they were definitely willing to decide to buy that extra item they were on the fence on to help us out! If you can find anything like that, it's great and their candles are really good quality.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I used to live down there and worked for photgrapher who's prices are VERY fair - she used to photograph weddings in Nantucket and her stuff is pretty awesome, she lives in St. Augustine, her name is Kristina Ransom: http://www.kristinaransom.com/

Anyways, if she lived up here still I'd have her shoot mine, good luck! And tell her Liz sent you to her :)

Also, not sure what part of NE Fla you're looking into, but I know that Gypsy Cab has amazing food at good prices, they might be worth looking into for catering in St. Augustine.

And Jacksonville has the Prudential center, the top floor is AMAZING for events. Probably depends on how many people you have but I would look into that.

Good luck :)
    For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
  • 4cats4us4cats4us member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to keep with the "castle" theme... check out this place: www.countrydaycastle.com
    It is a castle up in north Jacksonville, I considered it for our wedding.  They have an indoor area, and an outdoor patio for the reception.

Good luck, and happy planning!
  • kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful photographer... www.sarah-jordan-photography.com

She'll be doing our wedding. Her packages range from $1600-$4000, but she does custom packages too. We chose the $3200 package and are breaking up the payments to make it easier. She includes a free engagement session with every package too, which we loved! She did our friends wedding and they could only afford $1000 and they're so happy she could do a package for them. She always has specials too!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards