Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Fiance coming to Bridal Shower

What are everyone's thought on fiances attending bridal showers?? I have only been o one shower and he was not there. One of my friends says she has been to many, and he is always there. All our guests invited are woman (his family and mine). Should he come for the end?? Please help!! My shower is Saturday lol

Re: Fiance coming to Bridal Shower

• Options
    My fiance will be at my shower. At the end to pack up the gifts! I just went to my brother's fiance's shower and my brother was there and the poor guy was bored out of his mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    brugginkbruggink member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Mine showed up near the end, to thank all the guests for coming (and for the beautiful gifts!) and to take me home. I think it's expected that your fiance show up for at least a bit to show his gratitude... but a half hour should be enough!
  • Options
    My FI will be there at the end. He will say hello to everyone and then help us pack up our gifts
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    My fiance was there the whole time, and he enjoyed it well enough.  Both sides of the family were there, so his mom's friends and family enjoyed getting to see him.
  • Options
    My fiance will be there the whole time. He actually asked if he could come. He wants to see family members that he doesn't get to see that often. Plus, the shower is just as much for him as it is for me. I think the fiance should at least make an appearance to thank people for coming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My shower is during a Pats game so my fiance will definitely not be there for the whole thing LOL, but he will need to show up at the beginning or the end to say hello to everyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance (now husband) was there the entire time.  He picked out more than 75% of the registry, so the gifts were more for him than me anyways.  He got to meet some of my family that he hadn't met yet, and he got to spend time with the bridal party and hang out. He enjoyed himself, and people got to spend more time with him in a lower key setting. 
  • Options
    My FI was there but it was also a surprise shower so he had to get me there.  He figured he would stay since he was there, he hung out with my dad most of the time or opened gifts with me.  Also he was able to introduce me to some of his relatives that I hadn't met, or only met once.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Most of the showers I've been to the FI was there the whole time to help open gifts, say hello to family, and then he mostly hung out with the bride's dad or his dad (most of the time both dads were there). A few they only showed up for the very end to say thank you and help load gifts into the car. I am hoping I can talk mine into staying for the whole thing since we both have large families and I've only met most of his side once or twice.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a couples wedding shower, kind of like  jack and jill shower. Therefore, guys and gals can attend. We're having a BBQ in July and the weather will be awesome so, why not!? I hear its becoming the more common theme then just a bridal shower. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards