October 2013 Weddings
Options

October 20 2013 and nothing done yet

I work Full time 45+ hours a week and feel like there are not enough hours in the day. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to help a girl out lol. I am leaning towards a wedding at either Tomasello winery or Ramada at Toms River ( just ideas, haven't even gone to look at them yet) I would Love to have something off key and fun but I am at a loss. Any tips would be GREAT!!

Re: October 20 2013 and nothing done yet

• Options
    Have you reached out to these venues and know they are available on the date you want? I was pretty put off by a couple vendors that would not meet on the weekends or evenings (not knowing of course your work hours). I do realize they do the majority of their events at these times, but 90% of them would meet with me then, so I stuck to those vendors. Do as much research, phone calls and emailing as you can. It is time consuming! But October weddings in Jersey are VERY popular so you really should start getting some of your big checks out of the way. I had price points from venus, photogs, dj's all before meeting with them so I didn't waste our time, or theirs. Some are relunctant to give you numbers, but after a few minutes on the phone and talking about what we required versus what we wanted, we were able to at least get a starting point to know if we could work with them and they could work with our budget.

Don't feel like you have to get it all done today, but do a little bit every week if you can at this point. Prioritize and figure out which vendors are the most important to you guys. We have venue, dj and photog. As well as a couple little things, but these are the most important to us so I wanted to get them out of the way. I have a full pinterest board of wedding ideas so I'm ready when it comes to talking to florists and shopping for MOH dress.

Good luck! I'm in Jersey too and it can be competitive and people/places book fast! Not trying to scare you but if you want your date, you should probably get moving :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!!! I have made an appointment with 2 vendors next week and have sent my info to others and have been told my date at the moment is still available but i  know that can all change!! Thanks for the info I appreciate it !!!
  • Options
    I would also suggest booking the venue now.  When I got engaged at Christmas I was looking for this october.  Almost  everywhere in my price range was booked.  I booked the beginning of February and I got the last Saturday night  in October of 2013 at my venue even though I had been there two weeks before and only one was booked.   I know my photographer has also posted on FB that he is mostly booked for 2013 already.  First narrow down to two dates. Then contact your favorite venues and find out dates and prices. Then  I say if you have to take a vacation day to spare  just book  three venues and go look at them after you have done some research.  The venue is the most important.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    For Time Managment: What I have done is dedicate only one day out of the week to be allowed to do wedding related stuff. It is so much easier to meet and plan and relax between school and work. I hope this helps. I also hired a wedding planner to do the tedious stuff for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Options
    We share the same date! (Well, hopefully your dream venue still has that date!)

FI and I also work really long days so it has been really hard to get certain things done. Thankfully his parents live really close to us, so they have been helping out tons. I like Iconoran's idea of making a lists of your top priorities. Once you get done what is most important to you, you will feel like you have accomplished a lot already.
  • Options
    My wedding date is the day before you and I have nothing done either. I just got engaged at the beginning of the month. I'm going to try and do one or two wedding things a week even if they are just small things. It seems like there is SO MUCH to do but I think that it should get easier once you get started.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards