Options

GAMES!

2»

Re: GAMES!

• Options
    rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And those jello shots were Amazingly made by oceana - mmmm lime jello with tequila!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c000047d-34c1-4dbc-b478-8454e8170b8cPost:6edc35a9-bef0-44dd-a574-f4416991ffd5">Re: GAMES!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on board the Scrabble wagon. I also just bought something called Carcasonne to give to FI for Valentine's Day. It's supposed to be kind of similar to Settlers of Catan, but better for 2 people. Cribbage is next on my list, but I'm also thinking a Wii would be a good wedding/engagement gift for FI.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

My FI plays Carcasonne on the computer and loves it.  It looks like it's a lot of fun!  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    202987202987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BF and I met at a gaming group-specifically we play Magic the Gathering...but that can get expensive and complicated (but is still really fun).

As far as board games for 2 people, my suggestions are Ingenius and Gemlok (sp? on both). 

Ingenius is kinda like dominoes, where you have a piece with a colored shape on either end, and you have to match them up.  Then you count the run you have, and keep track on a little board in front of you.  The twisted part is the scoring-whoever has the highest low score wins, so you have to keep up on all areas, not just focus on one.

Gemlok is played with a Scrabble like board (different gems cover the board with different point totals), and you have your color pegs.  You roll these dice that have different patterns drawn on them (up 2, right 1 or diagonal left 3, whatever), and you have to move your pieces the patterns shown, trying to get on a high score spot.  You can also bump pieces-but if you roll "Gemlok" you lock one piece on the score.  Later the highest total wins.

Also, my BF just added "Ticket to Ride" where you have to build trains cross country based on a route you receive on a card.

Hope that helps, and happy gaming!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards