Michigan-Detroit
Options

Low priced venue near Downriver...

We were looking for a place to have our wedding & reception of about 200 people for under $1,000. It doesn't have to be really fancy, just clean and well kept. We would be providing all the decorations, food and drinks (liquor needs to be acceptable also). All we need would be for them to have chairs and tables. Also a kitchen would be good. Any suggestions?

Re: Low priced venue near Downriver...

• Options

In Wyandotte there is the Italian American Club Hall, Dom Polskis and Biddle Hall. I dont know details on them all nor have I seen them in person, but they may suit your needs. The only other halls I can think of downriver make you use their food.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Carpediem is right, those places are good.. You could check into portofinos, it would be nice to have in there room off the river.. But you would have to use there food. I'd check out all the halls that Carpediem suggested, I am from the area and the Itailian American Hall is the most popular I've heard of..Good Luck!
  • Options
    None of these places fit anything I was looking for. Thanks though.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_low-priced-venue-near-downriver?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:ad1f02f1-7b01-45b3-8652-8144d8ae5199Post:1a7d9215-4d40-40ee-8e2b-2138051f587a">Re: Low priced venue near Downriver...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Wyandotte there is the Italian American Club Hall, Dom Polskis and Biddle Hall. I dont know details on them all nor have I seen them in person, but they may suit your needs. The only other halls I can think of downriver make you use their food.
    Posted by carpediem27[/QUOTE]
  • Options

Let us know what you decide, Im very curious as to what you find in this area for under 1,ooo.

• Options
    I just googled the community centers for each downriver city. We are going with the Gibraltar Community Center. There were also a couple UAW halls and VFW halls that were pretty nice. They are all going to take some time to decorate but the buildings are nice.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_low-priced-venue-near-downriver?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:ad1f02f1-7b01-45b3-8652-8144d8ae5199Post:6da94831-a6a6-40f0-b345-7eeb5796ce41">Re: Low priced venue near Downriver...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let us know what you decide, Im very curious as to what you find in this area for under 1,ooo.
    Posted by Tonya729[/QUOTE]
  • Options

I've heard Gibralter comm center is nice.. Congrats on finding a place & Im sure it will look beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards