premier sound djs in Saginaw, MI

2»

Re: premier sound djs in Saginaw, MI

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to update you all:

While I am not a mod of this particular board, I am a mod.  Bob's comments struck me as extremely suspicious because I know for a fact, vendors are never allowed to post on the boards - NEVER.  I reported this thread to TK's higher ups to look into.

I received a response today that indicated his comments were removed by TK because he did NOT have permission to post on the boards (because again, vendors are NEVER allowed to.)  Based on what TK person told me, he may have been given permission to respond elsewhere but not in this thread which is why his comments were deleted.

So while I think this entire thread has gotten completely out of hand and hate that I am contributing to it, I did want to ensure everyone knew what happened to Bob's comments.
  • Options
    yes i would like to get a hold of these people from premier sound what his name Josh Barz i would like a number to get a hold of him does anybody have it
  • Options
    hey how did you get a hold of them cause i am having the same problem what numbers do you have to get a hold of them???
  • Options
    989-714-2376 is josh's number.  i'm lucky i saved it to my phone!
  • Options
    I have these guys booked for my august wedding and im starting to be freaked out. Ive only given him $140 but im preparing to pay him in full and now im worried about doing so. Has he skipped out on any recent weddings?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    you posted this a while back. I am just wondering about how it works out for you, as I am in the process of getting my deposit back. I cannot risk my wedding I'm all these negative reviews.
  • Options
    Hello, I know most of you talked about a month ago. If you do not know already, the Saginaw police department are performing an investigation into Premier Sound. My fiance and I are out $600 after we supposedly "won" a half off package from them. After they were a no show to his cousins wedding we decided they will not be doing ours. We are still in the process of getting our money back but continue to spread the word that both Robert & Josh are big time scammers. Channel 5 news out of saginaw also did a piece about these two. They did mention they would like brides to come forward. I suggest watching the clip on their website. I hope everything works out for everyone.
    -Alicia
    Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river. ~Malagasy Proverb
  • Options
    Wow. They are supposed to do my wedding in 2 months. I don't have a good feeling now.
  • Options
    So everyone knows, Josh Barz was caught on fraud charges in Lapeer County he was released on bond last night April 23rd. His court appearance is May 3rd. When I get a time I can post it. I plan on going and slapping him with a letter of intent to collect my down payment since I no longer plan on using him for my DJ. Anyone else with problems I suggest getting intouch with the Lapeer Courts/DA's office and seeing what you can do. Best of luck to everyone and I'll post again if I hear anything...
    Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river. ~Malagasy Proverb
  • Options
    My name is Krista and I was just recently married about 7 months ago and I was victim to this scam! Paying for services in advance and having no service provided! Ladies, if you too have been scammed by Joshua Barz with Premier Sound you NEED to contact the police department in the town that your money was taken, you need to file a police report with the police and the prosecutor's office! The only way he will be stopped is if we all stand up against him! DO NOT let him get away with stealing all of OUR money! Stand up for yourself and for everyone else that has been scammed and will continue to be scammed if he is not stopped! This is larceny, a federal crime. If you think that loosing out on a few hundred dollars is okay, you should consider differently. A few hundred from me and a few hundred from ten others adds up quick! Don't be a victim of this crime and let him get away with it. If you paid in Saginaw township you can contact detective Bean @                         989-793-2310             and visit the court house or call Dave Filion @                         989-790-5552     
  • Options
    Hello everyone. I created an account to be able to share my story. First off, thank you to everyone who has been posting about this scam from day 1! You all saved me a horrible nightmare at my wedding. I booked with Premier Sound and met with Josh Barz last year. Of course, he was extremely professional when we met with him and since he was a vendor at one of the largest bridal shows in MI, we decided he would be great for our wedding. We were sadly mistaken. I have now learned that ANYONE can get a booth at these bridal shows, so beware. Word of mouth is the VERY BEST way to decide who will be a vendor for your wedding. I am not going to go into a ton of details as my story is very similar to the other stories on this post. However, when it was about 3 months before my wedding and I still could not get him to return my calls, I started to look up information on their company on here and other websites. This research uncovered a ton of heartbreaking stories of people who were recently wedded who had no DJ show up for the wedding or even worse, he was extremely unprofessional. This is when I decided to get ahold of him and his business partner one last time, only to get no return call yet again, his business partner's phone was disconnected, and their facebook page had been taken down. After discussions with family, I decided to turn to the police and also booked another DJ only a month before the wedding just in case. The police were not able to track him down in person and could not officially press charges against him until he didn't show up for the wedding (it is not a breach of contract until the services in the contract are not provided). Long story short, he never tried to contact me before the wedding and of course, never showed. I have to say, dealing with this was a nightmare. Not only was I planning this wedding alone (my husband is a military member and gone), but I had to listen to his sad stories of how his lack of communication was due to his father having cancer. I am one person who can understand that, but I, too, had to deal with my father having a re-occurance of his cancer while planning our wedding. This jerk even offered to give me additional services and said he GUARANTEED he would provide services for us even if we needed to change the wedding date because of my husband being an active military member. Needless to say, both the police and the court systems were able to fight and get my money back. I want to recommend to anyone out there who has been scammed by this person (his "ex" business partner, too), please do not be afraid to step forward and contact the authorities. They can help, and if they cannot, they will lead you in the right direction as to how to get your money back. Please, do not let this guy take your money and get away with it. I think scamming couples over on their wedding day is about the most scumbag thing someone can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards