Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

DFW airport hotel for wedding night?

we are flying out of dwf at 5:30am the day after, so we figure we might want to stay at a nice hotel at the airport - any suggestions?

Re: DFW airport hotel for wedding night?

• Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The westin dfw airport Irving- they will shuttle you and you can leave your car there - very nice hotel- has an awasome roof top pool its off

the address is 4545 West John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    was looking at that one, but can't find honeymoon add on's and the parking is not free if we left our car there all week - but i love the chain - i actually own a westin comfort bed!

what about the Marriot? they have a honeymoon package and free parking all week?
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with the Grand Hyatt, the Embassy Suites and the Gaylord.
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh you have to call about the honeymoon add ons- they must of changed the parking thing because parking use to be free.. also across the street is parking for the airport
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, it is $5 a day parking at the westin if you park there. i'm trying to add all that in my pricing... they weren't good about add on's at the westin, weird.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't remember which hotel it was, but I think it was the Grand Hyatt (if it's in terminal C) that we had to stay at when our flight got cancelled at Christmas.  The hotel was very nice and we were able to walk over to the airport (which was great since the roads froze over).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren,
    I haven't gotten to stay at the Grand Hyatt but I have heard nothing but great things about them from friends. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Id get a car service so you don't have to worry about your car and then get a cab/super shuttle back home. Or someone could come pick you up
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops, I stand corrected.  The Grand Hyatt is at terminal D, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency adjacent to terminal C.

We've met friends for a layover a couple of times to eat at the restaurant/bar right by the Grand Hyatt. Their rooms look really great online!

We stayed at another Hyatt in Trinidad and loved their rooms/beds and service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    unfortuntately we will have to park there cause the car service is out of our price range (we live in south mansfield almost in burleson) and we get in really late on the next sunday night, so no one will be able to pick us up :(
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Embassy Suites in Irving is actually really affordable and very nice.  It has a beautiful atrium in the middle of the hotel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the blue Super Shuttle is like $20 a person and it might end up being the same price as paying to park somewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    there are no rooms available - weird! (at the embassy suites)
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw that stinks! It's a great location...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i think airport parking might be our best option (or a hotel that includes it) for 8 days in the remote parking would only be $48 for the both of us.
    right now i have i thinking:

marriot: free parking and honeymoon package (including stawberries, champage, and $20 room sevice credit) for $159 including tax (looks like the best deal)

grand hyatt $143.65 plus tax (no parking) or $199.99 plus tax with parking

westin: $125 with tax - $5/ day to park.

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got a room at the Westin DFW for $80 (1/2 off) at Hotwire.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can you pick you hotel at hotwire?
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, but we just went for 4 star hotels in the DFW Airport area--I think it might be the only 4 star in the area on that particular website
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Which Embassy Suites did you try?  There are two:  one at the south entrance in Irving and one in Grapevine at Bass Pro.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is one really nice and one not so nice?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only stayed at the one in Grapevine but I think all Embassy Suites are very nice.  You could go take a look around and I think someone above said that the one in Irving is nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i will check them both out again. thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards