Ohio-Toledo
Options

Little Worried?

So, i ordered my dress from Davids Bridal and originally they said 12-15 weeks to order a new dress.  We ordered a week and a half ago.  They just sent me a confirmation email saying that my dress is in ALREADY.  Should i be concerned?  I just worry that it may not be "brand new" like i ordered.  We will of course look it all over, but only a week and a half to order a new dress.  Seems kinda funny.

Re: Little Worried?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably be little concerned too.  I'd voice my concerns with them you go in and see what their reasoning is for having it in so soon.  Maybe it typically takes that long, but some dresses come in quicker?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, David's Bridal doesn't make new dresses. They just get them in from their stock room/warehouse.  Did you expect them to make a new dress??

I'm sure if they ordered it from the warehouse, it'll be fine.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, of course i didn't expect them to actually make a brand new one.  But it did come rather quickly.  We talked to them and they said they must have had the size in stock at the warehouse and that happens sometimes therefore, coming in quicker.  We will be looking it all over to make sure its in good condition
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I ordered from there and they told us 12 weeks for my dress and all of the BM dresses.  Everything arrived for us 10-14 days later.  I think that they tell you waaaay extra so that you are pleasantly surprised when it arrives early and also so they have plenty of time to fix it if a mistake gets made.  Everything was fine with all of our dresses.  I wouldn't be the least bit worried.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SarahNTylerSarahNTyler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that you need to worry...They always over estimate how long it will take so that the bride is happy.  If they had your dress at the store they wouldn't have made you order one...My first dress I took home with me that day, my second dress (I exchanged the first one) had to be ordered.  I didn't have any problems, BUT I would still look over the dress carefully bc my moms dress was ordered and all of the beading was coming off.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No reason to worry, I think that's how it always goes.  Mine came in quick the first time, then I returned it for a new size and the new one came in less than a week (and was absolutely fine).  No worries!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS!  I feel a lot better knowing that others have the same experience with the timing :)
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from there as well and it came early too. It was because they had the size in the warehouse. Mine dress was perfectly fine and I tried it on in the store the day I picked it up to make sure. I wouldn't worry. :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, i have about 10 months +some time left before our wedding.  Whats the best way to store until then.  My mom read online if you leave it hang it could stretch??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just hung mine, and didn't seem to have any problems with it. 
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also just hung mine for abuot 10 months and didn't have any problems.  They hang them before they sell them to you too.  I imagine that it will be fine.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Picked it up today and absolutely love it!!!! SOo excited and cannot wait to wear it again. :)
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid the $10 bucks for the extra thick bag, and hung it for 10 or 11 months.  It wasn't an issue.

Glad it looks great! :)
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    HisGoToGirlHisGoToGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_little-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:5f8fa21d-7568-4b55-86bf-8151c0d4a12ePost:f2577e72-d0d5-4c4e-93f8-3e4c508909c1">Re: Little Worried?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered from there and they told us 12 weeks for my dress and all of the BM dresses.  Everything arrived for us 10-14 days later.  I think that they tell you waaaay extra so that you are pleasantly surprised when it arrives early and also so they have plenty of time to fix it if a mistake gets made.  Everything was fine with all of our dresses.  I wouldn't be the least bit worried.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! Mine arrived within 2 weeks from David's, but  Iwas quoted 2 and a hald months. You should be fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards