Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who is around?

Re: Who is around?

• Options
    Thank you very much, cew and crfische.

I was going to sit around and do nothing for my birthday but we've decided to go see New Moon. Because I hear there's not a lot of shirts in it. And it's my birthday.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I'm here but not for long. I just finished some online training things (because a power point is clearly the best way for me to learn about child abuse risks) for work, and in an hour my aunt is coming over to see the house and the puppy. I'm not excited.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Also thank you sucrets! (My mom called while I was mid-type in that last post, I totally wasn't ignoring you)
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Oh and happy birthday TJ! I have an extreme longing for cake, look out! ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I'm here. I baked 4 dozen mittens and 2 dozen snowflakes. Now I'm chilling, because I don't want to start the job of decorating them. I'm lazy. It'll be a good project tomorrow when DH is working late.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Happy Birthday and enjoy New Moon! I've heard it's great, but I work with 13 year old girls, so what do I know :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Katie, I wish you post the pics to fb and tag the photo.  How long did you all hang out?
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, TJ:)

I'll just be on for a little while now but back tonight
  • Options
    Happy  Birthday wishes to you, TJ! 
  • Options
    Kind of here.  Doing work.  I finally convinced FI to get a haircut, so I'll be going with him there in a bit, since he hates it.  Nothing exciting
  • Options
    Where the heck has speed skater Sarah been?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    You're totally right, FIsh. That's weird.

Target's footie jammies are so cute. My sister is always cold and lives in Seattle. I thought about getting her the blue sock monkey ones.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Sucrets - yes I am a choir teacher, taught jr high for a few years and am now in my 3rd year of teaching high school.  I love my job but it's very draining this time of year. I figured out you were a choir teacher after the stalkerkid post - I can't tell you how many times I've encoutered a similar situation. I would have commented but the thread was way dead by the time I got to it.  I actually have a friend that teaches choir in one of the AR community colleges...can't remember the name.

I promise not to call anyone fatties or douches.  Can I call HER that if she comes back? I almost crawled out from my rock to comment for that one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0200c6df-8dc0-4eea-b7a3-d0aad29c6a8aPost:e150bab6-fa5d-4aa9-8b21-7a697048d59c">Re: Who is around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where the heck has speed skater Sarah been?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I know.  I was going to leave a message on her fb wall.  I miss her around here.

::be right back::
  • Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes!

beatlesgirl - I'M ON BUNDT CAKE!

Actually, (I haven't tried the PIP on the new boards, pardon if this is huge), we got this last night, delivered to the table in a SHOEBOX. We have each taken one bite from it. I think I am going to take 3 of the 6 layers and freeze them. Because, holy crap.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I think she's (ss sarah) been busy with end of semester stuff.  She was emailing us yesterday about our gtg, and I've seen her post on FB, so she's def alive.

alanna - even though you're probably not around, I remember you now.  Yay for choir/theater teachers and good luck at your performance!  My concert is tomorrow and then we're singing at the state capitol on Thurs.  And then I'm done, whoo!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm kind of here.  Right now I'm eating popcorn and supervising the dog and kitten together.  I have a paper to write later tonight.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0200c6df-8dc0-4eea-b7a3-d0aad29c6a8aPost:07c13f5e-d22b-48d8-a89d-da507b0a3225">Re: Who is around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the birthday wishes! beatlesgirl - I'M ON BUNDT CAKE! Actually, (I haven't tried the PIP on the new boards, pardon if this is huge), we got this last night, delivered to the table in a SHOEBOX. We have each taken one bite from it. I think I am going to take 3 of the 6 layers and freeze them. Because, holy crap.
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

Oh YUM. Where is that cake from? Freezing is a good idea... I would do some damage to that thing.

You smell like flour.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    alanna!  I've been in your shoes.  Taught MS for 6 years, then got moved up to the HS and was there 2 before I moved with DH.  I loved the job, but it sucked out my soul and all my free time.  We did amazing stuff, though.

I do have to say that moving here and working in a small school with a nonexistant program is very fulfilling.  I've actually never felt this good about what I've been doing before, plus with smaller classes I have more time to focus on individual kids.

I looked back at your posts and remember 'meeting' you in MissSarah's post about her husband directing the play and asking about how long it takes to go up.

• Options
    TJ, that's the good thing about PIP now - it automatically resizes it.  You can click on it to see it larger.

• Options
    I am warming apple cider with cinnamon and cloves on the stove... almost hot.  Trying to find my Christmas spirit.
  • Options
    Did you get excited when you heard my birthday was fast approaching?

We got the cake at Claim Jumper. It was on the Food Network or something as one of the top 5 decadent desserts, but aside from being huge, it's pretty standard chocolate cake. I had no room because I filled up on surprisingly delicious pork. And now I am off to watch a shirtless werewolf and try not to feel dirty old lady about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    My leg keeps falling asleep.  It's probably because I'm a fatty.
  • Options
    I'm here, I feel really guilty for just now waking up (12:00) and I still want to clean the house, tan, buy a poinsetta and do more decorating....oops.
  • Options
    FISHY - I'm watching an Amazing Race marathon and they are doing a challenge with ice fishing.  I just saw an ice auger in action! 
  • Options
    Yes, TJ. Yes I did. ;) That's a pretty neat way to serve cake too.

Enjoy your movie!

• Options
    I miss Claim Jumper.  They have amazing carrot cake.  I'm literally making a sad face just thinking about it.

Fishy, so what was your take on Funny People?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0200c6df-8dc0-4eea-b7a3-d0aad29c6a8aPost:b987e30d-a342-42ed-8dd3-f1f2fc147619">Re: Who is around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here, I feel really guilty for just now waking up (12:00) and I still want to clean the house, tan, buy a poinsetta and do more decorating....oops.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Pale is the new tan.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0200c6df-8dc0-4eea-b7a3-d0aad29c6a8aPost:7b4ea270-ffe9-4b7c-8764-3926120777a6">Re: Who is around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]mery - a friend of mine from HS writes all the time how she parties all night and is hungover for days.  I was shocked when I found out that she had a kid.  And disappointed, too.  She goes out an awful lot and I guess leaves the kid at home with his dad.  Oh, we're 31.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]
    This reminds me of my SIL - she has two kids and is CONSTANTLY posting statuses on fb looking for babysitters so she can go out partying. We just found out recently she isnt even living with both of her kids, she pawned the older one off on her parents and its living there ft now.
  • Options
    So, I'm a total assshole. FI was looking online at suits for the wedding and sent me a link to a white suit with a pink vest and tie. I assumed it was a joke and responded with "that's perfect! Now we just need to find the right tutu to go with it".

I didn't hear back from him for a while. Turns out he was serious and thought I would like it because of the pink. Oops.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards