Washington-Seattle
Options

Venue = Booked!

I viewed the Pan Pacific Hotel and fell completely in love with it. The outside terrace area is perfect for my August wedding and I'm excited to have a beautiful view of the Space Needle behind us as we say "I do" :)

I have the contract and haven't signed it yet, I just want to be sure everything is very clear in it. As long as I sign by the end of the month, I'm getting a GREAT food/beverage minimum and she is weiving the venue fee :)

Highly recommend checking them out to anyone who is interested!!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue = Booked!

• Options
    That's a great check to have out of the way!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options

Congrats Tiffany!! What is next on your planning checklist?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!!! My wedding isn't until 8/2/13. People think I'm a freak for having my list going already, LOL, but I'm glad to have one big thing crossed off of my list!

I have my photographer mostly sorted out, we are meeting with them in a  few weeks to go over a few things. I need to print some particular shots/poses that I would like.
    I'll be reaching out to our DJ, I plan the company holiday party every year, so I'm going to reach out to the guys we use for that to see if they'll give me a good deal.

Other than that, I have dress shopping, not until November-ish (still losing weight first too). And our engagement photos are being done in September.

I'm thinking of going to the Snohomish wedding show that they're doing to figure out some of the other things we need (officiant, cake, etc.). I reached out to one potential cake vendor because we would like to do a dessert bar also, with everything in black and white (I haven't heard back yet though).

All of my friends/family on Facebook laugh at me and tell me the wedding will be all planned by Monday. They know me well ;)
  • Options

My FI and I were in the same boat. We got engaged June 2011 and now all our friends/family keep asking "aren't you guys married yet"

However, no matter what they say, it is SO NICE to have a long engagement. At some points I just can't wait for it to get here, but I am also super happy that we took our time with planning so neither of us had to stress or take time off. Enjoy every minute that you can, it only happens once!

When is the Snohomish Wedding Show? At this point I mostly have everything I need figured out, but I still like to go an dget last minute decor ideas and such.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I believe it's May 5th. The site is www.mysnohomishwedding.com

Apparently, when you register, they tell you where to start and then you drive to various locations that are doing an "open house" type of event. I figured it's worth checking out!

I also need to figure out my flowers. I'm doing a brooch bouquet but have plans to incorporate some flowers into it as well. My centerpieces are going to be mostly candles, so I won't need too many flowers. I have no clue how much the flowers will cost. I'm trying to budget as close as I can to actual figures I'll be spending, so I know what I'm getting myself into :)
  • Options
    Ooops - it's 5/20, not 5/5 :)
  • Options
    Yay for long engagements!  Mine was 18 months and 17 days, and it was great to get a bunch of big checks right away and then have time to relax and go through the smaller stuff one by one.

In January there is the biggest (and best, imo) wedding show in WA in downtown Seattle, http://www.weddingshow.com/. A ton of vendors are there, and I highly recommend it!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll definitely check out the Seattle wedding show for sure!
  • Options
    I'm looking to cut down on wedding rental costs.  We are having about 130 guests.  We need white table linens, and table settings (silverware, plates, coffee cups, wine glasses, water glasses).  Does anyone want to share in the rental cost or know of a barter or trade site that I could get some of these items? 

Our wedding is going to be in Woodenville, WA and I live in the Columbia City neighborhood of Seattle. I use the freecycle site often but the household items come in small quantities.  

Thanks so much!!!
  • Options
    Please visit my website and consider d-Rumba entertainment as your Seattle-King County area DJ for your wedding.

www.drumbaentertainment.com

Knowing that this is an important event, you want it to be well-planned, organized, and fun for you and your guests! 
    My passion for entertainment, enjoyment of music and professionalism will make your event a success.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards