Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Initials Order - Does the girls name go first?

So I have been using my FI and my initials in various elements of the wedding/reception.  I have been using "S & D" which is Steve & Dawn.  I have since been told that the girl's name/initial should be first - Dawn & Steve.  Has anyone else heard of this?  If this is true, I need to get this corrected in quite a few places.  Thanks in advance!!
PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Initials Order - Does the girls name go first?

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In terms of monograms, it would be your first name initial, the shared last initial and then the groom's first name initial.

So in general, I'd say the woman's name does come first.
  • Options
    MrsDydekMrsDydek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always thought of that as more of a common thing than a rule. I personally prefer to put my fiance's name first on everything because I sort of view it as a sign of respect.

I could be wrong but I feel like the only reason the girl's name is usually put first is because it is traditionally the bride's family that pays and the wedding is usually considered to be the brides day - and the groom is just an accessory (a saying which I've always disliked).
  • Options
    dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly didn't mind my FI's name first but I did some research online and while it's not a set in stone tradition, it definitely seems to be more often the girl's name first. 
    Luckily, I still had time to change everything that I've had the initials on.

Thanks!!
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards