Jewish Weddings
Options

Please help me address an envelope to Israel

I am inviting a great uncle who lives in Israel to my wedding. I have 2 versions of his address provided by different relatives. I can't figure out what the correct format is for sending to Israel. Should everything be ordered to make the USPS happy, or should I make modifications for Israel's postal service? Can somebody help? 

Here is the last version of the address as it was e-mailed to me (with the numbers being replaced with asterisks):

Petach Tikva ***** St Gad Machnes */*** LastName FirstName

Is this really the correct order for Israel? It seems kind of backwards, but maybe it's meant to be read right to left... Or should it be:
name
house # street name
city, postal code
country

And what is */***, is it apartment/house? I'm assuming the first 5 digit number is a postal code, right?

Thanks for any insights, ladies!

Re: Please help me address an envelope to Israel

• Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For all the guests we invited who lived in Israel I set it up basically the same as how you do it in the US.  The Israeli zip codes are 5 numbers.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we invited a relative from Israel and we addressed it the same way as the U.S. addresses
  • Options
    edited December 2011

In Israel the house/apartment number does follow the street name, but you can address it as you would a US address and it will get to the right place. I receive mail in both forms.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies! Invite sent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards