June 2013 Weddings
Options

no venue yet, problem?

We are having some real trouble finding a venue still.. not that our date is the problem (for gosh sakes, it's 6/2/13, a Sunday!), it's finding something in our budget that seems to be the issue... anyone else running into this issue, or am I REALLY behind?

Re: no venue yet, problem?

• Options

We are also getting married on 6/2/13. We are PRAYING that we can have our reception at our church after the ceremony (very affordable). If we can't, my second option is a hotel hall that will cost $800. the bad thing about that is that my BIL is a chef and he is going to cater the reception if it's at the church. IF it's at the hotel, we have to use their caterer and it's going to cost us $6000 instead of $2000. ACK!!
    Is there someplace that will give you a deal for having the ceremony and reception on site?
    Good luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! we've been looking to do ceremony and reception together at the same place (more convenient), however, we live in Orange County, California, and don't want to leave the area (especially with it being a Sunday, we don't want to inconvenience the guests with anything OOT for too many people, KWIM?) It's just looking like either we're going to have to severely trim our guests (total right now is roughly 170) or try to get a bigger budget (we're at a $10,000 top budget)

good luck to you, date twin! Smile hopefully the church will work out for you guys!!
  • Options
    We had a lot of problems finding a venue that we both liked that would fit in our budget. We ended up having to up our budget by like $5000 to get what we want and settle on a place we could afford but is not really what I always wanted. It's still nice but I always wanted to get married by the ocean instead we're on a golf course no where near the ocean. Good luck!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are there parks you can look into? The state park where we're getting married has big party pavilions. We're renting one for our RD that's big enough to hold our whole 130 person guest list and it's only $175 for the day plus seven dollars per car (the rate to get into the park, but we'll be billed afterwards for that so our guests don't have to pay to get in). Either way it'll be around $300. You should seriously look into parks. You'd have to bring in outside catering, but parks usually provide picnic tables which could save you from having to rent tables and chairs. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately, we can't up our budget, we were originally just planning to go to a JOP and be "done with it" because we originally didn't have ANY $ for the wedding...then I became blessed with $10k to spend, but we can't go above that

I have been thinking about parks, they are lovely and you can do what you need...my only issue (which is also why a beach wedding is out), is the fact that it's open to the public and our pictures have the potential for unknown people in the background...I know, I probably sound picky, but that is one thing I'm really weird about with a public place... LOL
  • Options
    Yeah, our wedding is hosted by the hotel our reception is at, but it's in the state park and people can walk by and potentially get in pictures. A good photographer can edit them out though. Ask about that with your photographer, or any potential ones you are interested in.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I didn't even think about that! LOL but GREAT point!! hmm... I've got to go venue searching (again) Thank you!! Smile
  • Options
    I'm getting married in a state park, and the rangers said that they will kind of patrol the area around our ceremony/reception so that random people don't get in.  He said that most people just stay away when they see that you're having a wedding.  I think it's a great idea to look into that!
  • Options
    Our venue also mentioned that most people tend to avoid the parts of the park where they can clearly see a wedding is going on. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with the park idea, and I think the photographer should be able to edit the people out! We've done our e-pictures over the weekend, and in some of them there were people in the background, but our photographer said not to worry about it since she can definitely edit them out. Good luck venue searching!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We plan on using a park for a total of $25 with shelter but might get a tent incase it rains. I wish I had pictures. It has a beautiful dam near it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards