New Jersey
Options

Estimate costs of photography/videography in Northern NJ

Hello North Jersey brides!

I'm currently looking at photographers and videographers for our October 2013 wedding in Northern Jersey. This may/may not include a photo booth as well. I was curious how much you guys spent on your photography and videography. We met with someone this weekend, and I was shocked at the price. I just want to get ballpark estimates to see if I'm under-estimating the costs, or we're looking at people that are just on the higher end of costs. If you don't feel comfortable putting it on here, feel free to PM me!

Thanks!

Re: Estimate costs of photography/videography in Northern NJ

• Options
    Our photographer is about $3200. That's for full day of shooting, our album, engagement shoot, all digital images, and a second photographer for a half day. We aren't doing a videographer or photobooth.
  • Options
    Our photos and video were about $5000.  We got 10 hours of photos (3 locations), digital proofs, rights to all photos and and album for photos. For video we chose a highlight video and a short form edited video instead of a traditional one.  We got our photobooth through our DJ.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are getting married next October as well! Our photographer was $4880, this includes engagement photos in the price. Our videographer is $2k.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I paid  $2,995 for Photo and Video for full day coverage.
    I love my pictures II am very pleased with their work.
    M & A Photography and Video
     www.maphotoandvideo.com
    973-812-9250  
  • Options
    Our photographer is $2200 after taxes.  That includes all rights to photos on a DVD, up to 12 hours of coverage and they threw in an engagement photo shoot for free, but since we couldn't find a date that worked, they exchaged it for a print credit for the wedding photos.  We are probably going to upgrade the package to include a photo album, which would bring us to over $3000 and up depending on the package we upgrade to.  We opted not to get a photobooth, though our photographer offers one and we aren't getting a videographer.  They charge way too much money (my FI is in the field and thinks the price isn't worth it).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm paying 3000 for photo and about 1500 for video. I did a lot of shopping around and found anything less than 3000 seemed cheap or unexperienced photographers, and the price can go up and up and up. I'm using Stark Studios for photo and Ambinace for video and photo booth.

• Options
    Our photos were $1600 (we got an amazing deal) and video was $1500. 
  • Options
    I got an amazing deal as well - $1500 for photographer including engagement session. I was so happy with my engagement photos and I am getting a lot of bang for my buck. If you want info on my photog, PM me.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Haven't booked yet, but the photographer our families have used for other sessions (children and babies) - and we love the look of their wedding photos is around $4000 for a lower end package, but includes 2 photographers, 2 parent albums, 1 album for us, engagement session, 100 thank you cards, all rights to all photos original size on a dvd, 100 prints, and some 5x7s and 8x10s. The most important thing to me was allllll photos original size on a dvd.

The same studio does video, starting at $2000 but I haven't researched that as much.

Photo booth would be from another company for $1000.

I contacted many other photographers and was finding more quotes in the $5000-$7000 range for the same type of package. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_estimate-costs-of-photographyvideography-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:21290338-394d-45e9-9f03-d19fb00efe85Post:0eca9ee7-1962-4d29-8e72-106dc7893da3">Re: Estimate costs of photography/videography in Northern NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I contacted many other photographers and was finding more quotes in the $5000-$7000 range for the same type of package. 
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

<div>Same type of package, but probably not the same quality pics.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_estimate-costs-of-photographyvideography-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:21290338-394d-45e9-9f03-d19fb00efe85Post:84ef6854-3034-460d-be9b-d84c07ff1666">Re: Estimate costs of photography/videography in Northern NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our photographer is about $3200. That's for full day of shooting, our album, engagement shoot, all digital images, and a second photographer for a half day. We aren't doing a videographer or photobooth.
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

Wow...who is your photographer if you don't mind me asking??

Thanks,
    Danielle
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_estimate-costs-of-photographyvideography-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:21290338-394d-45e9-9f03-d19fb00efe85Post:0eca9ee7-1962-4d29-8e72-106dc7893da3">Re: Estimate costs of photography/videography in Northern NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't booked yet, but the photographer our families have used for other sessions (children and babies) - and we love the look of their wedding photos is around $4000 for a lower end package, but includes 2 photographers, 2 parent albums, 1 album for us, engagement session, 100 thank you cards, all rights to all photos original size on a dvd, 100 prints, and some 5x7s and 8x10s. The most important thing to me was allllll photos original size on a dvd. The same studio does video, starting at $2000 but I haven't researched that as much. Photo booth would be from another company for $1000. I contacted many other photographers and was finding more quotes in the $5000-$7000 range for the same type of package. 
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

Wow. This is a great deal...who is your photographer if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks,
    Danielle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards