Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Pizza Party? Is this alright?

My FIL's threw this really expensive rehearsal dinner for FI's brother about a year ago. Both FI and I have said that we don't want that. We would rather go back to someones house or go to a relaxed restaurant with tv's, wings, beer, and pizza.

FFIL said if we want to have a cheaper RD and pocket the rest of the cash(which we would use on the wedding) we are welcome to do so.

Would you think it is tacky if we had a pizza party and bought everyone a few beers? Our WP is very relaxed and honestly we are having a big party the next night! I would rather be able to just hang out the night before. Having the cheaper RD will allow us to invite out of towners as well...so a plus to having the pizza party.

What do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Pizza Party? Is this alright?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what my brother is planning on for his rehearsal dinner.  Totally fine :)
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a fun time! Go for it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish FI would agree to that! It sounds like fun =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also doing pizza and beer.  Super casual, laid back and fun.  We're leaving the more formal stuff for the wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's perfectly fine!  Have a great time.
  • Options
    wyneywyney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's fine....

Actually, I think it's great.  The OOT guests can stop by for a beer and slice.  If they are so inclined, they can also go out do dinner if the destination lends itself to nice dinners out.  Had they been at a fancier RD, they would be too full or feel guilty to or not have time.

Plus, those that don't want to go out, don't have to.

And also, you can then afford to go 'out,' too...afterwards, without the formalities of hosting, if you are so inclined.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's similar to what we're doing. It's not a bad idea at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great! Thats what we wanted too, but FMIL just kind of took over..and now we are going to a Japanese place. meh. So enjoy it!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are wanting to do a low key pub - we are already going all out the next night at the wedding. This way we can all relax and hang out- just enjoy! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be at our local pizza joint. I think it's whatever makes you happy and whomever is throwing it for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards