Washington-Seattle

guest book table?

We are getting married between two large trees looking over the lake. The guests will be sitting on hay bails. And I never pictured anything else to be there. No tables or anything. So now the dj will be at a table, Should I have a guest book table too?

...........also where are you or would you put the frames of prior family members weddings? On this guest table or at the cermony. What else would go on the guest book table? I was gonna put programs on the hay bails.

Re: guest book table?

• edited December 2011
    Are you predistributing the programs on the hay bales or displaying them in a stack on A bale? If predistributing, you might need something to weight them down in case of wind. If you are putting them in one location, then I think you could make a "table" using hay bales. Put two together, then stack two more cross-wise. Then you could put a board (all rusticy) on top for a flat more stable surface than just the hay. The guest book could then sit on it as well as the family pictures.

Personally, I would have the fammily pictures at the ceremony and then also move to the reception.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Our guests will be entering the manor from the side yard (across from the police station there, you know where I mean) and we were worried a little about people (guests & non-guests) coming up and taking cards or gifts for that matter and running away with them (well FMIL is more worried about it than the rest of us). So we plan to set up the guestbook table & gift table about 15-20 feet away from the entrance. It will kinda be in the middle of where the ceremony is and the reception is. So it's central & if someone tries something - it will be seen! Plus, FCIL is going to be manning the gift table and collecting the cards as the night goes on and hiding them.
    I am also putting a vase with the toss bouquet on the guestbook table along with our picture that people can sign.
    At the wedding expo in January I saw something really cool that someone did with photos strung up and on little hooks. That'd look really pretty and go with your hay bail theme... here's the picture.

Oh and we are adding a sign (well a board) that is hand painted and says "All because two people fell in love" on the guestbook table. Geez! Now I am beginning to think the table is going to be cluttered. I hope not!
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about this...I was just planning on putting gift table and guest book table in reception.  But, then guests would have to hold presents???
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i wonder about this too....
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on where your guests will be entering and then walking past to get to the ceremony site.

In my situation we are staying at the same site for the ceremony and reception.  If the weather is nice (praying to the weather gods 11 months in advance) and we can have an outdoor ceremony, my guests will be walking from the parking lots in front of the reception area (big ol' barn) and past the gift wagon (provided by venue):

See the window pane?  I took this photo while I was in the coat rack/ foyer area... which is where I will be having my guestbook table.  So while they put their coats away (if the weather is nice) they can sign the guestbook before the ceremony (hopefully).

On the guestbook table I plan to have the wedding photos of our parents, some of our grandparents, and some of our great-grandparents.  It will be about 6 or 7 photos, so I think that will be all that is needed for the guestbook table decor.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards