Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

To the married knotties :)

What did you forget?

anything you regret?

Would you have changed anything about a big day?

Re: To the married knotties :)

• Options
    Only forgot my lipstick. Everything else was packed super ahead of time.

Don't regret anything!

I wish I had floral centerpieces instead of the dried wheat bundles we did. They look great in the pictures and everything, but I wish I had done something different (but these were $5 a table or so so I can't complain.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I also forgot my lipstick (Weird, I really thought I was the only one) ... I'm still not sure how this happened, because me and my brother's girlfriend (She did my makeup for me) both did a separate sweep of my bathroom to make sure we had everything. It worked out fine.

My only regret was I apparently needed to inform my photog that I wanted pics of my family during the reception. I now have like 70 pics of the Best Man's FI (Who DH and I both hate) and not a single shot of my siblings or my parents dancing together (And he knew damn well who they were, as I made it a point to say "This is my mom", so I'm not sure why I needed to explain I'd want a picture of her ... the ceremony and formal pics (Which did include the family) came out great, I'm just a little sad about my "candids".

The only thing I would have changed was obviously telling the photog who I wanted reception pics of. At the time, it seemed really immature (And unnecessary) to say "See that girl? We hate her. So 1 or 2 of her with The Best Man is fine, otherwise I don't want to know she's here". But you live and learn.

Everything else was perfect!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I didn't forget anything.

I regret not putting my foot down and letting my sister/MOH throw my shower instead of MIL's friends whom I had never met.

I would have started getting ready an hour earlier; I would have had gold chargers instead of favors; and I would have had a videographer.
  • Options
    Didn't forget anything :)

Regret not extending our reception the extra hour. We had discussed it with our vendors and venue but never carried through with it. Everyone was dancing and having such a blast no one wanted to leave.

I would have pushed the ceremony start time back later in the day. We had an early morning getting ready so looking back now I wish we had a more relaxed morning of.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i had all my stuff packed days before so the only thing i forgot on my wedding day was to set the alarm i wanted to get up at 5 am and my bridesmaid woke me up at 6:30 am it all worked out though.
    looking back there is nothing i would change about my wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_married-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:569a518a-4ce2-4a2f-a9e5-e9060571ac4ePost:47ff4696-2dc9-4c70-8fae-5a8ba883b9a0">Re: To the married knotties :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't forget anything. I regret not putting my foot down and letting my sister/MOH throw my shower instead of MIL's friends whom I had never met. I would have started getting ready an hour earlier; I would have had gold chargers instead of favors; and I would have had a videographer.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

P.S. I love your wedding hair! its my new inspiration! 
  • Options
    I didn't forget anything...  I regret not taking a mild sleeping pill the night before.  I was SO excited that I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep.  Thankfully I got a second wind.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_married-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:569a518a-4ce2-4a2f-a9e5-e9060571ac4ePost:693dbca3-dcba-4336-8627-a4ad45ee9824">To the married knotties :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did you forget? anything you regret?  Would you have changed anything about a big day?
    Posted by MrsSargentDisney[/QUOTE]

Forgot: Very little. Because of the crazyness of the rehearsal, I forgot to make last minute changes to the ceremony music. Thank God for our DOC who spoke with the Church musicians and changed the music on the morning of the wedding.

Regret: Nothing.

Would have changed: Also nothing. We really loved the event we planned. We had a great time. My only wish would be is that if we had another $2-$3k we would have added the Venetian hour, just to have made it a little longer. It goes so fast!
  • Options
    I didn't forget anything--I'm a big list maker.  :-)  I do regret that I lost my temper ealier in the day (long story, but we had a DW, I went to the bank to withdraw money and discovered that someone had gotten into my account and taken my entire paycheck out.  I had a bridezilla moment at the bank teller. Oh well.)   I probably would have taken a nap, so I would have been less exhausted that evening, and we would have stayed out drinking and dancing later. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Forget? ...I forgot to bring the favors that I had worked SO incredibly hard on. I also forgot to bring anything to do any touch ups..make up..hair...my hair fell into a ridiculous mess by the time I made it to the wedding lol..right before we left my nephew was stuck in the bathroom, so I was in my gown, with my hair and make up all finished trying to bust down a door....which caused me to be an hour and a half late..so I didn't have time to refix anything. =(

Regrets? : Only that I was SOOOOO late because It was a bit chilly outside and I felt terrible that our guests were waiting on me. However, when the ceremony had started the moon had come out and it lit up everything so beautifully...everyone insists that it made it even more perfect...It felt more perfect..ya know, minus that whole guilt thing, but hey..I fed them well! lol

Would you have changed anything about a big day? hmmm I would have liked to have stuck to my schedule for the comfort of my guests..but everything was sooo amazing, yea I forgot some stuff, yea my hair fell down, yea my nephew was stuck in a bathroom and made me maga late...but I'm being called and messaged every day by the people who were there with us, they cannot stop talking about how awesome it was, wanting to know how to get in touch with our harpist or reverend, saying it's the best wedding they've been to. I think it's the best wedding I've ever been to LOL but of course I'm biased ;D
  • Options
    Forgot?
    They forgot to put the bowtie on my dog before he got walked down the aisle.
    They never got my mothers make up put on before the ceremony.

Regrets?
    I wish I would of been more lax about the number of guests, in the end people showed up and it was fine.
    I wish MH and I would of had our Bachelor/ette parties atleast 2 nights before the night before the wedding.

Changed anything?
    Rehearsed the ceremony more than once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards