New York-Long Island
Options

non-wedding factory place?

Hello....so I've already looked at a few catering halls, and I just really don't like the typical catering hall look with the gaudy marble and ugly chandeliers and loud tacky carpet. Can anyone suggest an elegant and non-typical wedding hall place that has outside and inside ceremony areas?

much appreciated!!!

Re: non-wedding factory place?

• Options
    luvnumoluvnumo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sandcastle is good. Also the Chateau Briand is sort of different
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Milleridge Cottage is beautiful, though the outdoor ceremony area isn't all that great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. Unfortunately, LI is crawling with wedding factories which is odd because it is after all, an island. I'm having trouble finding a place that fits me and my fiance's taste. We are looking for something "elegantly casual" that also involves nature or beautiful scenery.

Check out the wedding pavillion at the Snapper Inn in Oakdale. The North Field Club in Oakdale is beautiful as well. I also really liked Driftwood Farms in Orient, but it is just too far.

Good luck and let me know if you find anything non-wedding factory as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Giorgio's at Foxhill - very classy looking...getting married there in June:-)
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Flowerfield in St. James next April and they have beautiful indoor and outdoor options.  They are just landscaped and decorated enough, not overdone, and their professionalism and attention to detail is amazing.
  • Options
    saram348saram348 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats exactly how I was when I first started looking and the place that I ended up with was a little over the top.. however it was unqiuely decorated. Im having my wedding at the jericho terrace, the indoor ceremony area is gorgeous and the cocktail hour is indoor outdoor.  I think its definitely worth taking alook at.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    the harbor club in huntington. gorgeous outside area (on the water) one event at a time and no tackyness. we had our reception there nearly 5 years ago. it's one of the less known places but it's fantastic. the food was spectacular and I didn't have one complaint.

• Options
    ekreganekregan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out the Three Village Inn

• Options
    GCM200GCM200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked the Westbury Manor! It's historical and kept SO pretty.  The gardens are breathtaking, and there is such a good feeling there!! Natasha booked our wedding and she has been so so wonderful!

I HATE the Sandcastle, Chateu, Floral terrace, etc...its just way too gaudy and over the top.  Good luck!!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • Options
    nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at church but the reception is at the Fox Hollow, it is beautiful and not the "over the top" gaudy type of wedding "factory", the gardens are beautiful so I'm sure an outside ceremony would be beautiful! Its in Woodbury NY.....GL :)
  • Options
    auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding plans had to be cancelled and, as a result, we are selling out our deposit at the beautiful Thatched Cottage in Centerport, NY.  As a thank you for helping us get back a portion of our lost deposit, we will give you $3,000 of our deposit money absolutely free toward your wedding at The Thatched Cottage. This offer is being made to any bride and groom who: 
    Expect to have at least $24,000 in catering expenses.
    Plan to be wed before June 26, 2012.Sign a contract with The Thatched Cottage for your wedding venue. 

Just visit www.thatchedcottage.com">www.thatchedcottage.com for information about their wedding packages and lovely views of this wedding venue located on the Long Island Sound.  If you are planning your future wedding and fit the criteria above, please contact kvanbell@optonline.net with any questions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards