Vineyard Weddings
Options

Show me your centerpieces!!!

My fiancee and I are having a heck of a time deciding on centerpieces for our reception.  We have collected over 150 wine bottles from friends (and many from us... yum!) but are now stuck with how to use them.  We have started about 10 different possible centerpieces but just aren't really sold on any of them.  We even bought a glass scoring kit to try to cut the bottles to use in a different way (candle holder, vase, etc).  The trouble is... we still want them to kind of resemble wine bottles, ya know?  Which leaves us even more stuck.  Oh and did I mention that we would kind of love it if the centerpieces somehow maybe sort of doubled as favors... I don't want to get stuck bringing 150 wine bottles back home!!!  =)  Haha... it gets tougher!
Anyway, I thought that since I have seen so much cute and crafty stuff on the board, maybe you ladies can give me a hand. 
Please post a picture of your centerpiece ideas.  Give a few details about how you put it together.  You may be helping more than just my fiancee and I!!!  (And you may even end up with some new ideas yourself.
Post those pics!!!  =)
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Show me your centerpieces!!!

• Options
    We're using wine bottles as the table numbers, and traditional floral centerpieces.

I've read somewhere on this board that someone removed the bottom of the wine bottles and placed a lit candle inside, which sounds very pretty.

You could also use them as vases for simple, tall flowers. I think that would look very elegant.

A bit stuck on how they could work as favors too...also, how many people are you seating at a table? That could be crowded if you need something like 10 bottles per table. Maybe if you're going for a more green theme, you could put a seedling / bud in their somehow.

If you're main concern is bringing the bottles home, could you play a game for someone to win the centerpiece, or simply ask the reception site to take care of them when you're done?

Good luck!
  • Options
    I got so many complements on my centerpieces.  Each wine bottle was from a winery around the lake where we had our wedding.  Check out pictures on our planning website at:  http://sites.google.com/site/flanshanwedding/Home, click on the reception tab. 

Good luck!!
    -- Check out my planning page: http://sites.google.com/site/flanshanwedding/ Introducing Dragonfly Designs & Events Specializing in custom invitations, stationery & event planning for all of life's special moments! Check us out on the web: www.designedbydragonfly.com
  • Options
    A fellow Seneca Lake bride!!!  Yay!!!  How neat!  THank you for sharing.  We have thought about "naming" our tables after wineries around the lake instead of numbering them.  Maybe I will just leave the bottle full so the guests can sip... yum!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I saw a picture in a magzine which i lost but i thought it was cute and wanted to do it for my wedding at a vineyard, was little buckets that look like a mini cut in half wine barrell. It had the wood and the metal that wraps around the entire thing. If i can find the picture i will post!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards