Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Antigua or Bermuda

I'm looking for a romantic honeymoon, at either Antigua or Bermuda, we are interested in an all-inclusive and pretty much know our options in Antigua but are interested in feedback about experiences in Bermuda..And good all-inclusives there that aren't too family oriented??

Re: Antigua or Bermuda

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    As far as I am aware, Bermuda does not have all-inclusives.  Honestly, there are so many great places to eat on the island that I wouldn't want to be tied to one resort the entire time.  My husband and I married there and traveled from one end of the island to the other.  It was great fun picking places to eat and explore.

We married at The Reefs (clickable) which includes breakfast and dinner in your room rate*.  The place was fabulous, high class, and everything you could imagine for a honeymoon.  I highly recommend it.  My only complaint was that breakfast and dinner was always included - we had to save the cool places for lunch instead.

* - The rate may now only include breakfast but you can add dinner to your rate for a nominal fee. 
  • Options
    Sure!  I fixed the link - it was being wonky.

Also - I saw one kid the entire ten days we were there.  That resort definitely does not cater to families.  It's more popular with honeymooners and weddings.
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    Our honeymoon was in Bermuda, and we absolutely loved it. We stayed at the Newstead Belmont Hills resort, which had wonderful rooms and amenities. There were no children there, but it was not all inclusive. The resort had a private ferry across the harbor to Hamilton, and we took buses out to the beaches from there. Bermuda beaches are absolutely lovely, our favorite was Elbow Beach. Good luck with your search! Joy, you and I always promote Bermuda! Oh well, at least we stick up for the island ;)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_antigua-sandals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:49bc7205-a785-4854-9424-1c1d018df9b8Post:442e918f-c69d-4cdc-9d9b-dc626cf9d792">Re: Antigua or Bermuda</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow,your honeymoon destination is so unique and interesting!When you finished your travel,hope sharing your  experiences with us!
    Posted by Catherine&88[/QUOTE]

I will : )  (still looking into other options though!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards