Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How many tables for unassigned seats?

Im having a casual reception with unassigned seating. I need 15 tables for the exact people. How many extra do I need? Does one empty seat per table sound enough??

Re: How many tables for unassigned seats?

• Options
    Even casual receptions can have assigned tables. I would do assigned tables to keep people organized and less confused. That way you know exactly how many tables/chairs you need. I wouldn't leave an empty seat at each table, but fifteen exta spaces would be a good idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did a reception without assigned seating (the norm in my area).  We offered enough seating for all guests+about 15% extra.  For the record, we didn't have a sit down meal: it was ALL stations that were open the entire evening.  I am not sure the no-seating-chart-thing would work out if it were a plated dinner with waiters, etc. 
  • Options
    That's perfect! No, it isn't a sit down dinner, so i'm not worried!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    I would just have one extra table. I'm assuming your having 10 guests per table? If that's the case, just have one more table. This way if there are any extra guests that show up they'll have a seat as well.
  • Options
    You probably need more than one extra table.  If you have bigger families attending they might not get to sit together if you only have one extra table and you wouldn't want them to have to split up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards