Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Caribbean in Septmeber

Is anyone else planning their honeymoon in the Caribbean in September even though it is hurricane season? What are your thoughts on this? I think I really want to do an AI for our honeymoon either Dominican Republic or Mexico.

Re: Caribbean in Septmeber

• Options
    We are going to Playa Del Carmen and staying at the Royal Playa Del Carmen for our anniv. in October. The key is to buy cancel for any reason insurance. We booked through a travel agent(which I HIGHLY suggest) and our insurance was only $89/pp and we can cancel for any reason up to 3 hours before the trip. We booked through Ellise at Beach Bum Vacation if you are looking for a great TA she is wonderful!
  • Options
    We just booked our honeymoon this morning and we're going to the Mayan Riviera.  Sure, it's "hurricane season" but we aren't going to worry about it.

My TA said that it's easy to pick up a hurricane on the radar about 3 or 4 days ahead of time, so if there is one coming, the tour company won't send you there.

Just book wherever you want to go and don't worry about the slim chances of a hurricane
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're going to St. Lucia in September - Our travel agent said that if you go to any of the northern islands, you're most likely to experience a hurricane.  But since SL is so south, we should be ok.

I've had friends who had hurricanes on their honemoon while traveling in the Caribbean.  It happens, so just make sure to buy trip insurance.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_caribbean-septmeber?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:ce7b5780-4633-4fdf-927f-dc8091354531Post:40aceb39-aca5-4276-b1a4-72530183d13a">Re: Caribbean in Septmeber</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to St. Lucia in September -<strong> Our travel agent said that if you go to any of the northern islands, you're most likely to experience a hurricane.  </strong>But since SL is so south, we should be ok. I've had friends who had hurricanes on their honemoon while traveling in the Caribbean.  It happens, so just make sure to buy trip insurance.
    Posted by ecsmiles[/QUOTE]

UGHH... I hate travel agents like them.   I live in a 'northern island' and we have not had a hurricane since 2000 and that was so small its was no different than a  rain storm..  St Lucia was effected in 2007.  Just saying..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Smokey30Smokey30 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
     We are going to the Mayan Riviera as well and our travel agent is just making sure we have trip insurance, just in case! It's your honeymoon, go where you want! : )
    We would rather chance it and have the blue Caribbean water          : D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards