Florida-West Coast
Options

Tampa, FL David's Bridal Nightmare!!!!

To all of you still looking for a bridal gown I DO NOT suggest the David's Bridal in Tampa. There customer service is absolutely terrible, the manager Sandra is the most disgustingly rude woman I've ever met. After my father spent $1000 on my gown and all the accessories for it they gave me a used, filthy, ripped, yellow stained wedding gown with hair and makeup in it. They refused to comp or even discount my alterations or rush my new dress even though I needed to leave the state in just 8 weeks and they were just overall a disgusting group of women to deal with. I ultimately ended up with no bridal gown just 4 months before my wedding. On top of all that they then ruined the experience of my bridesmaids as well. I would definitely look elsewhere for the "dream wedding gown experience".I would wish what I went through on no one! Just a warning

Re: Tampa, FL David's Bridal Nightmare!!!!

• Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your Dad charged the gown to a credit card, have him contact the cc company and DISPUTE THE CHARGE.  The cc company will put a hold on the money until the dispute is resolved.  I guarantee that will get their attention. 

If that doesn't work, I have a great attorney to recommend!

Charging you for a new gown and then giving you a used one has to be fraud.
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I refer to that as the "ghetto" bridal salon...I heard the Clearwater one was better but I didn't shop at either after storming out of the Tampa one.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    edited December 2011
    The Tampa one is supposed to be an A or premium store - they get everything first and more dresses.  I think their customer service stinks also, but their dresses seem to be the most reasonably priced.

With all the bad feedback they get, wouldn't you think they'd do something to improve their image?
  • Options
    MrsReynolds12MrsReynolds12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I refused to use any db's after I went in for appointment and watched as a sales associated allowed someone to try-on a dress that was already purchased and set aside to be picked up. My MOH and I looked at each other and headed straight for the door. You would think as expensive as bridal gowns and bridesmaid attire is they would treat their customers much better? I guess they won't realize the value of customers until they start losing them. I hope you are able to some how get your money back or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I am so sorry to hear about your experience! I absolutely hate David's Bridal! I went to the one in Clearwater and was given attitude and ignored.
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went about 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday afternoon and the girl who helped me was very nice. I bought my wedding dress at a DB in Michigan. They were also very nice and helpful. After reading all these posts I am concerned about having alterations done there or looking for BM dresses. Not sure what I will do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses at David's Bridal in Tampa (but bought my dress from Jon's Bridal), and had my girls get their bridesmaids' dresses there.  The service was totally average, but not terrible.  The sales associates have too many clients and don't pay enough attention to you, despite the money you're willing to spend in their store.  I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for a "once in a lifetime", personalized experience.
  • Options
    chescamchescam member
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses at DB in Tampa. There was one dress I particularly wanted to try on and made an appointment requesting that dress. When I got there they only had the dress in petite. I'm pretty tall and was so disappointed. I'm over 6 feet in heels. The bridal assistant did a good job of selecting other dresses for me to try on and she was really nice too. My mom was bothered that there were so many children running around in the store when the signs outside said no children. I didn't purchase anything from them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there today and the girl I had was super patient and nice. She had a great eye for dresses and let us really take our time, plus they were SLAMMED! But I hate the clearwater store. They are rude, and love to call us brides FAT and say we should only try on certain dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ PetalPockets - a lot of girls on this board recommend Daisy who works out of her home near Brandon.  She used to work at Jon's Bridal & now has her own business.  I went to her & she was very helpful & her prices should be less than a bridal salon.  She also steams your dress & veil. 
  • Options
    vondaleevondalee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I got married 10+ years ago, I went to DB in Southern California and I was sooo happy.... but now I am very skeptical about the one in Tampa!!! Thanks for the warnings, ladies!
  • Options
    picnic2012picnic2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was there Sunday and got my dress. Thing is I knew which one I wanted without even having had tried it on yet. I knew it was the one. We get there and I take a size too big in the room and ask the sales person for a smaller size. She tells me and my mom there is no smaller size, I say yes there is we saw it on the rack. Low and behold she found it. Then the tag said 499.99 but I knew online it was 299.99 she told me it wasn't I said fine I will go home and buy it online. Then she offered to check for me and oh yes it was 299.99. So I was happy to walk out with what I wanted, but not happy with the lack of service. She took way too long to find stuff for me, and I practically did her job for her. She knew we were a 99 dollar dress sale family and didn't pull a thing to reccomend for me. Not one. I had pulled all of the dresses myself. I tried on my dress first I knew I wanted and when I got the size smaller it fit perfect. I had to ask her for clips to hold it tighter. I did her whole job for her. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards