North Carolina
Options

Engagement Photos in Raleigh area ??

Hi,

I was wondering where are good places to get pictures taken in the Raleigh area. Our photographers want us to choose a place that is special to us, but we aren't sure if we want to do that or a place that is more photo friendly. Any advice?

Re: Engagement Photos in Raleigh area ??

• Options
    Choose a place that means something to you AND is photo friendly. We didn't do engagment photos, but on our wedding day we took photos at the old Durham Bulls ballpark, the American Tobacco Campus, and the Bulls stadium (during/before the game). The places didn't really mean more than other places in Durham, but they all scream "Durham", and that was our theme because we love what's happening here. We didn't just want a pretty backdrop like the 
    Duke Gardens or some woodsy locale, but settings that were very obviously Durham. 

So as you think about settings that mean something to you, either for what you've done there (our first date) or what they can add to the photo -- an identifable location that adds meaning. And it sounds like your photographers are comfortable taking nice photos in a variety of settings -- we knew we'd have an urban background, which we think makes totally cool photos, but I wouldn't want a photographer who only takes Duke Garden wedding photos to turn urban Durham into a good backdrop! 

What are some of the places that you're considering suggesting? You can probably google "engagement (or wedding) photo" and the place name(s) and find some photographers' blogs to see examples of the spot.  The first photo below is in the courtyard in front of the Carolina Theater in Durham -- lots of different angles and backdrops, although the fountain wasn't running that day. The others are at the American Tobacco Complex in Durham -- again, lots of different backdrops as we moved through the area. (These aren't our professional's photos -- our guests were hanging around!)

• Options
    We really aren't considering anything. We went to UNC so Chapel Hill is really the only place that means something, but we're not sure we want to do it there. I guess we might go with that if we don't think of anything else.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    UNC is so big, I'm sure there are a lot of different feels possible there, plus on-the-street in Chapel Hill. Good luck picking a spot!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_engagement-photos-in-raleigh-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:216b5d7a-281d-47d7-ac53-1b29e090ca10Post:825045bc-7725-4a20-ae73-e117b7863f77">Engagement Photos in Raleigh area ??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I was wondering where are good places to get pictures taken in the Raleigh area. Our photographers want us to choose a place that is special to us, but we aren't sure if we want to do that or a place that is more photo friendly. Any advice?
    Posted by AustinFr[/QUOTE]

raleigh little theater rose garden - if the roses are still in bloom is gorgeous
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards