October 2013 Weddings
Options

BBQ Engagement Party Ideas??

Hi all,

I've fallen off the discussion board and decided to jump back in with a question for the group!

My parents are hosting a casual BBQ engagement party for family + close friends in August (~30-40 ppl).  We want it to be fun + casual, and are looking for ideas for decorating and for entertaining people.  It'll be a mixed bag of teens, twenty-somethings, and parents + grandparents.  It'll also be outside (weather permitting) - there's a decent yard, deck, and pond.  Any ideas??

Thanks!

Re: BBQ Engagement Party Ideas??

• Options
    We always have cornhole and ladder ball at our bbq's. Always a good time for all ages. But with good people alone, I'm sure the even will be a success! You're also in the Northeast so maybe keep a few water guns around just in case it's blistering hot that day...? And don't wear white if you do :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yard games, hula hoops, water guns, croquet, frisbees! That is such a fun idea for an engagement party!
  • Options
    We're doing this too! We're having can jam, ladderball, and some field games like kickball and softball. We were even thinking of doing a groom'ms team against the bride's team tag football game. Or perhaps a tournament of some sort with prizes. ( There will be a lot of <30 year olds ) My FI's mom is getting catering and we're thinking of having a couple coolers of beer. We're doing it from 12-4 on a saturday so anyone that wants to hang out later can join us at our favorite bar or in my FI's parents backyard with the firepit and marshmellows!
  • Options
    What great ideas - thanks!

LaurenGrace - what is can jam?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards