Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Food Art vs. Pigeon: Your catering experiences wanted!

Hello, lovely ladies!

Well, we have returned from our New Orleans scouting trip with much information, which I will share very soon, but I thought I would pose my latest dilemma in the hopes that you will be bored after your Thanksgiving feasting and feel inclined to share your experiences with these caterers!

Basically, we have to choose between Food Art and Pigeon.  We are not allowed to use others without paying a premium, so I'm particularly interested in anyone who has any tales to tell about these two specific caterers.  Good, bad, ugly- bring it on.  Did you get a tasting before the wedding?  What items did you choose- and love (or hate!)- from their menus?  Anything and everything.  

Thank you!!!

Re: Food Art vs. Pigeon: Your catering experiences wanted!

• Options
    Mallory835Mallory835 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I have never heard of Food Art before, but Pigeon's catering is excellent. The staff is friendly and the food is delicious! They will allow you to do a tasting beofre your wedding. Just give them a call to make arrangements. You won't be dissapointed with any item you choose. Go with Pigeons!
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with Food Art but Pigeon was fantastic.  We did have a tasting a few months before.  Highly recommend Pigeon!
  • Options
    I also don't know about food art, but that doesn't mean they aren't good. However, I have attended a wedding where Pigeon was the caterer and the good was great. The gumbo and the seafood pasta were the most memorable dishes i had there. The pasta was fantastic and had shrimp and crawfish and a creamy sauce.
  • Options
    Also don't know about Food Art. I am using Pigeon for my wedding and just did our tasting last week, it was AMAZING! seafood pasta and crab dip were to die for...
    They are also extremely accomidating for any special plates you may need (vegan, gluten free, etc) and can make just about anything you request. Their prices are pretty reasonable as well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards