Rhode Island
Options

Salve Couples looking to find venue in Newport

Hello!  I am just starting my search for a 2013 wedding and would love to find a venue in Newport, for an outdoor wedding that would be closeby to a reception/hotel...looking for ideas.Thanks!

Re: Salve Couples looking to find venue in Newport

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lisa! Welcome to the board. How many people are you planning to invite to your 2013 nuptials? Do you have any personal preferences for venues whether it be a historical estate or a all in-clusive banquet hall? 
  • Options
    jtpassatjtpassat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just booked at the Atlantic Beach Club - Elaine is very easy to work with, the cost is reasonable that includes practically everything.  you can get married on the beach or right next door at the park at no extra charge.  they also own the comfort inn across the street. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have a little over 100 people...historic would be great, but we just want a beautiful outdoor backdrop, and an excellent reception...thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at Regatta Place on Goat Island in Newport. It's literally right on the water. Cocktail hour was on a dock, and your ceremony would be there, too. Newport Harbor is your back drop!!
    Across the street is Belle Mer, another outdoor venue, but more on the pricey side. Your backdrop there is Narragansett Bay and the Newport Bridge.
    Within easy walking distance of both of these venues is a Hyatt.
    I believe that Castle Hill Inn also has an outdoor section, but they would also be fairly pricey I believe. Good luck!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Linden Place in Bristol, R.I is a beautiful historical estate. It isn't in Newport but it is in the area and the venue is absolutely beautiful. However, as a historical venue, it does not have a/c so that is something to consider if you are  thinking about a summer wedding. Another venue in the Newport area is Villa One Twenty. It's fairly new so totally off the wedding radar. I also love the Tennis Hall of Fame. It's such a unique venue and it has Newport's historical charm in a very central location. The Chanler is also a beautiful venue in a prime location that overlooks the Cliff Walks - although they don't allow amplified music played. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also not in Newport, but still in nearby Bristol - I have heard great things about Bristol Harbor Inn...it was too small for us but worth a look!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards