Military Brides
Options

Groomsman soldier

Can someone make a suggestion of how to include a short message for a groomsman who had to drop out of the wedding party due to being unable to come because he could not get leave from the army? We are not replacing him, he is the groom's brother, and we love him very much. We are very proud of him for serving his country and would like to add a short message to the wedding program with a pic of his family, since many people will be wondering where he is. I am at a loss for words (which is quite rare for me) and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks! 

Re: Groomsman soldier

• Options
    michelle227michelle227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something along the lines of: "Captain (rank) John Smith of the United States Army is currently serving/stationed at ______ (ex: Camp ___ in Afghanistan) with the ______ (ex: 101st Airborne)"
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are listing all the GMs in your program you could list him as "honorary GM."  And then in the back you could put something like "Captain John Smith, brother of the groom, could not be with us today due to military obligations.  Our hearts are with him as he is protecting and serving our country."

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_groomsman-soldier?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:358d4dd6-3b90-4a9f-a531-99c388fb90e7Post:59fefe43-4006-4dd4-8520-c4b211a028ea">Re: Groomsman soldier</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are listing all the GMs in your program you could list him as "honorary GM."  And then in the back you could put something like "Captain John Smith, brother of the groom, could not be with us today due to military obligations.  Our hearts are with him as he is protecting and serving our country."
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I agree with this one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_groomsman-soldier?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:358d4dd6-3b90-4a9f-a531-99c388fb90e7Post:59fefe43-4006-4dd4-8520-c4b211a028ea">Re: Groomsman soldier</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are listing all the GMs in your program you could list him as "honorary GM."  And then in the back you could put something like "Captain John Smith, brother of the groom, could not be with us today due to military obligations.  Our hearts are with him as he is protecting and serving our country."
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I think this one is better, the previous idea may be a bit detailed. I know my fiance would not be comfortable with that much information being handed about about his deployment. You should double check anything you write with the GM to make sure he is okay with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards