Outdoor Weddings
Options

Show off your wedding venue! PIP!

Let's see your outdoor location of where you're getting or have gotten married! Also if you're holding your Cocktail Hour and/or Reception outside, feel free to post a picture! PIP please!

I'll go first.. We're getting married in a beautiful garden.

Re: Show off your wedding venue! PIP!

• Options
    I'm getting married in my back yard.  These pictures were taken during the winter so things are brown and not lush.  Use your imagination! :)

Look from the back of the house:

• Options
    I'm lurking to get ideas for a garden party this summer and unfortunately my venue (my backyard) is currently covered by 4 feet of snow.  I'd post a pic but it would be all white.

Dudley:  Your venue is awesome!

Babycakes(lol  still love it):  Your yard looks like mine.  What are you going to do with the deck?  Wrap it with anything?
  • Options
    Yeah Anna, I'm goint to do a little to spruce it up.  I need to give it some more thought.
  • Options
    Thanks Anna! I can't wait!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_show-off-wedding-venue-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:714d0bab-9a4d-4e02-86b6-0e296d5639b7Post:5d7fe8fe-24d2-45d4-bdd8-4aea6d2e14e5">Re: Show off your wedding venue! PIP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah Anna, I'm goint to do a little to spruce it up.  I need to give it some more thought.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

Maybe hit up lowes, Home Depot or whatever for those flower boxes that hook onto the side of the deck rail and then have some sort of flower?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I love your location, Duds!

Bby, a nice balloon arch should spruce that deck right up! :)

Fairy, I like that pavillion! Very woodsy and pretty.

Here is mine. The first shot is from beyond the arch, where the family sat.

WEDDING PRO PICS 331.jpg

WEDDING PRO PICS 393.jpg

• Options
    Thanks Bec! I think this is my first time seeing your ceremony pictures. I must have only seen the reception! They're absolutely gorgeous!
  • Options
    I love your pics, Bec!

You really think a balloon arch?  I never thought of that.  Not too prom-like?
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Tiffany & Co. Garden in downtown Chicago south of the Buckingham Fountain, this garden was just opened last Sept and I can't wait to get married there!!!
  • Options
    That was a joke, bby! Sorry! NO balloon arch, and I desperately need a sarcasm font! LOL I love anna's idea of flower boxes...

I have some pro pics in my bio now, duds. Thanks for the compliments! They are not in order, but they show pretty much everything from the ceremony to reception to trick-or-treating to after party. :)
  • Options
    HI,
    My daughter is getting married on Thompson Island in July-can't wait!!

www.thompsonisland.com

BostonMom

• Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Ceremony on a cliff over the ocean:

Reception on the outdoor patio of a restaurant:

Very happy with our venue choices!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for clarifying, bec!  I was seriously thinking, wtf? haha
  • Options
    We got married in the Ella Sharp Park Rose Garden.  It was in September so there weren't any roses but it was still beautiful.  We ended up getting a tent which I was happy about since it was perfect weather that day and so sunny :-)

• Options
    This is Glenn Otto Community Park in Troutdale Oregon.
    View of the river from the bridge.

Small meadow for the ceremony.

The Bridge overlooking the river

We have a hall for the reception too but I have noooo pictures for that.
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    Omigosh, everyone has such beautiful venues!!  This makes me so happy that we decided to get married outside too...here is the Franklin Park Conservatory garden where we are planning to marry in September in Columbus, Ohio:

It has an indoor "Palm House" as a back-up plan in case it rains:

We paid entirely too much for it though haha. 
  • Options
    the picture is being taken from the deck surrounding the house where the reception will be held. no pictures of that, boo.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    All of these venues are so beautiful!

Here are  some pics from my wedding at a private estate in Islamorada, FL (Florida Keys).

View at entrance:

Ceremony site (before):

During ceremony:

Reception site (before):

On a pier after the ceremony:

Having dinner on the beach:

weddingcollage
  • Options

Part of my backyard where the Ceremony will be..  the rest of the yard will be the reception. We didnt' mow before I took this pic.. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm new to this board, but my wedding will be outside at a Renaissance Faire.  We're going to be in an outside chapel, then they will have a tent setup near a tavern for the reception.  I only have a pic of the chapel so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards