Illinois-Chicago
Options

Nicole Klochan - Photographer Update

All, I spoke with my photographer this afternoon and everything is sorted out. I would remove this post completely because I don't want my panic attack/freak out to impact potential future clients, but I can't fully, as others have replied, so instead I'll edit my original posting.

I did have a panic attack/total freak out today because our photographer's site was down, but I now know that it's because it's being revamped. We have so far had a very good experience, loved our engagement photos and got them back very quickly. We are looking forward to working with her this fall.

Re: Nicole Klochan - Photographer Update

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm not sure how far away you are from her physical store front location, but I would say it is certainly worth the trip. 

I personally would not take any chances when it comes to wedding day photography.  I would pursue a new photographer. 

I would scour your current contract with Klochan and see what recourse you may have in retrieving your money.  You said you did have an engagement session, but did you receive photos from it?  Regardless, it sounds as if she is still in breech of completing the terms of the complete contract. 

I would also make some inquiries with the BBB and perhaps the local Chamber or Village Hall. 
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Hire soemone else. IMO, it is not worth the risk. Even if she does show up and photograph your wedding, she might flake and never give you your pictures.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would go tto her store front IMMEDIATELY and/or send a certified letter immediately requesting an immediate response........If not, find an alternative. That sucks. I am soo sorry that happened to you. This is my big worry and why I am trying to go with a big company, just to be safe. Good Luck
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_nicole-klochan-my-photographer-is-mia-and-im-freaking-out-venthelp-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:21b7fbb9-e56d-4685-8080-372a3df8d4c5Post:0f572a1e-cada-4334-9111-c40396007a5c">Re: Nicole Klochan - My Photographer - Is MIA and I'm freaking out. Vent/Help Request</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would go tto her store front IMMEDIATELY and/or send a certified letter immediately requesting an immediate response........If not, find an alternative. That sucks. I am soo sorry that happened to you. <strong>This is my big worry and why I am trying to go with a big company, just to be safe</strong>. Good Luck
    Posted by loca4pook[/QUOTE]
    Just fyi, there are plenty of people who have problems/issues with big companies.  Plenty of Knotties use independent photographers and other vendors all the time and have great experiences!
  • Options
     exact same thing happened to us with meslissa jaen, sometimes she responds to emails, some times she doesnt. it made me really nervous. we did our engagement session with her and got our photos back. but i decided to go with someone else.

case in point, i tried to email her to tell her we were going with someone else and it took her two weeks to respond. i mailed the certified letter thru USPS, per the contract, and its been 24 days and she still hasnt signed for it, or picked it up from the post office. 

we signed a new contract with Greyes photography and feel great about it. he responds almost instantly to emails, and has gotten great feedback from previous knotties. (how a vendor should be)

good luck. if your gut is telling you to go with someone else just do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Well you actually have freaked at least one person out so thank you for that. I booked Nicole for my wedding that is in NINE DAYS so I will be calling her immediately to find out what this is all about. I have had no issues with her AT ALL but now I am concerned. All of our meetings were ontime, our engagment session was perfect, and she has always answered me within what I thought was a timely manner. So can you please clarify if you went to the knot to vent or if you actually encoutered a serious situtation that should cause me to rethink my booking.

• Options
    In Response to Re: Nicole Klochan - Photographer Update:
    [ So can you please clarify if you went to the knot to vent or if you actually encoutered a serious situtation that should cause me to rethink my booking.
    Posted by TeresaS1027[/QUOTE]

I will PM you right now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_nicole-klochan-my-photographer-is-mia-and-im-freaking-out-venthelp-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:21b7fbb9-e56d-4685-8080-372a3df8d4c5Post:3687f500-daaa-4938-a960-3c1fde345686">Re: Nicole Klochan - Photographer Update</a>:
    [QUOTE] So can you please clarify if you went to the knot to vent or if you actually encoutered a serious situtation that should cause me to rethink my booking.
    Posted by TeresaS1027[/QUOTE]

I did come to The Knot to vent, and have since spoken with her - EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if I've caused anyone to worry about their decision to use her services. My post was more of a trigger reaction/vent and not thought out at all, and I regret posting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards