New York-New York City
Options

Planning Wedding from Overseas

I am trying to plan a wedding for October from across the Atlantic and need help!  We're not looking to spend too much but still want a beautiful wedding and reception with our family and friends.  Does anyone have recommendations for where to have the reception?  Caterers?  DJs?  We are looking at getting married in Brooklyn - probably about 100 people? Thank you! 

Re: Planning Wedding from Overseas

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Do you have a venue yet for Brooklyn?  That could determine your inital cost for food.
    NY weddings start at about $60 per person plus tax & service charge (not always including liquor).  Also, buffet is also cheaper because you don't have to pay for a large waitstaff.

Right off the back, I can think of
    Buckley's (http://www.buckleyscaterers.com/weddings.html)  This is further out and very elegant, but not a huge commercial catering hall, so more reasonable than most.

Water Street Restaurant (http://www.waterstreetrestaurant.com/pages/catering&parties.html)  This is closer to NYC and more laid back atmosphere.

Sunday early afternoon or Thursday evenings tend to be cheaper because most folks want a weekend wedding.

email me if you need more info.  

Good luck!
    Llise
    lliseramos@gmail.com

• Options
    Hey!! Im a freelance makeup artist and I would Love to offer my services to you on your wedding day. I offer great rates for the Bride and Bridal party. Please contact me anytime at 347871GLAM OR Email GlamLifeMakeupStudiogmail.com
  • Options
    Roulette! As opposed to the spots listed above, Roulette is located in Downtown Brooklyn but super close to everything. Extremely beautiful interiors. Check it out!
  • Options
    I'd honestly look into someone to help you out. I have a young planner/ coordinator that would definitely help for an affordable price. Trust me- SO worth looking into. She's having a referral special so if I refer people I get something added onto my wedding package and so does the person referred. If you contact her PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell her you were referred by Jess!! EAEvents.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards